• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOSlite install?

Share/Bookmark

GOSlite install?

Just wondering. I haven\'t installed GOS lite yet in waiting for full kontakt order first.
    Q. Would it be best to wait or can I install before installing full kontakt?
    Furthermore, can I take my snow tires off now? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Tanks!

Re: GOSlite install? pleeease?

I think you have to have a \"host\" for GOS/Lite, although I copied all of the content CDs to a directory on my system. However, I was doing a HALion convert (which accommodates GIGA format source material, but then translates it into the form that HALion requires). Not being conversant with Kontakt (full) I\'m not sure if it makes sense to copy the GOS content to your hard drive first and in any case it will save you all of 20 to 25 minutes at most.

i hope this helps ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] kev

I see. Just wondering if installing now to the HD would cause any problems later when installing Kontakt. I have no experience with HAlion or Giga only with kontakt which came with GPO. So, you recomend not istalling till later?

It won\'t cause any problems to install GOS lite before installing Kontakt. Once you install Kontakt, you can then batch convert the Giga files. Make sure you have version 1.5.2 of Kontakt. Many places are still shipping old versions.

Thanks Haydn. I was ordering through NI website should I be still concerned it will be version 1.5.2 of Kontakt?
    I\'m guessing that the conversion is in a manual? I am not quite getting a handle on what everyone is talking about. I\'ts most likely something simple right? You can see how terribly infant I am with all of this. Sorry.
    One more question. Upon installing lite, what directory should it go to?

Kevin check your PM. You made my day!

I haven\'t seen the latest manual so I\'m not sure if they are including any updates. There may be a read me file with some specifics on the new features. Hopefully you get 1.5.2 since your getting it straight from NI. There may be a read me file with some specifics on the new features. I don\'t have Kontakt on this computer so I can\'t tell you the actual names of the menus. If you get stuck, I\'m sure that someone on the forum can help you though.

Hydn,
    Thanks. I am sure coming from NI direct the updates are there. We shall see on next week.

Go Back to forum