• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WRITING FOR STRINGS - NEW DOWNLOADABLE BROCHURE

Share/Bookmark

WRITING FOR STRINGS - NEW DOWNLOADABLE BROCHURE

Many of you have written in with some excellent questions that I really appreciated. As a result, I\'ve created a new PDF brochure that covers in more detail the questions you\'ve asked. We\'re adding more to Writing For Strings including the recording of a live student string ensemble to hear what can go right and wrong in a session. Cool stuff.

WRITING FOR STRINGS
    http://www.truespec.com/store/books/courses/writingforstrings/index.shtml

FREE BROCHURE
    http://www.truespec.com/downloads/pdf/writing4strings/stringstalkbrochure.pdf

REVISED RIMSKY-KORSAKOV\'S PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION
    http://www.truespec.com/store/books/rimsky/index.shtml

GPO W/FREE DOWNLOADABLE REVISED PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION
    http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/garritan/personalorchestra/index.shtml

Re: WRITING FOR STRINGS - NEW DOWNLOADABLE BROCHURE

Looks great Peter... wish I had the time/cash for this right now...

Dido! Dido dido didodeodo! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks great Peter... wish I had the time/cash for this right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hey, try these:
    http://www.truespec.com/store/books/goetschius/index.shtml

Just Spam.

Your price of 149 bucks for an ebook + MIDI files is absurd.

Your so called free brochure is widely unsubstantial. No excerpts, no examples. Nothing.

I didn\'t see a free download for Revised Principles of Orchestration. It says you can get one when ordering GPO. However, I already have GPO. IS there a special subsite? Do we need our GPO serial Number?

Gigalove, What you said is outrageous.....but So not untrue.....

Knarf

The 149 is for the \"Writing for Strings\" lessons. This is not to my knowledge a book you just read through, this is a learning experience similar to a class. Not outrageous when you consider it that way, try going down to the local arts college and signing up for such a specialized class in the first place and then for a price as low as 149.00.

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn\'t see a free download for Revised Principles of Orchestration. It says you can get one when ordering GPO. However, I already have GPO. IS there a special subsite? Do we need our GPO serial Number?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you order GPO from Truespec (and no one else) you have two options:

1) a discounted GPO without the Rimsky book
    2) or pay the regular price and get the Rimsky book.

If you didn\'t order GPO from Truespec, you don\'t get a free PDF book.

[ QUOTE ]
    The 149 is for the \"Writing for Strings\" lessons. This is not to my knowledge a book you just read through, this is a learning experience similar to a class. Not outrageous when you consider it that way, try going down to the local arts college and signing up for such a specialized class in the first place and then for a price as low as 149.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

I responded to these points in an earlier post in the sample library section. I quote it below.

Thanks for your consideration.

During dinner, I was thinking about your post, and so I want to share a little bit of the vision I have for this.

My corporation\'s name is Alexander University Inc. There is within this name a commitment to practical, \"industry level\" if-you-will, training that\'s open and available to anyone, wherever they are, that anyone can sign up for regardless of their educational background. The only pre-requesite is a desire to learn and grow by doing, and a willingness to dig in if the material is a little more advanced then you thought.

When this whole package is completed, anyone, anywhere in the world, can get the best orchestration education possible, by simply ordering the materials and doing the work. That includes

1. Strings Level 1
    2. Strings Level 2
    3. Writing for Woodwinds (already announced)
    4. Writing for Brass
    5. Writing for Full Orchestra

We have one volume complete in our 8-volume Rimsky-Korsakov series, and the second volume will begin production this fall.

This summer, we\'ll formally announce a whole new set of harmony and composition courses as part of our Living Music Book series.

For those in the greater LA area, we\'re setting up a special learning package for conducting and harmony.

Alexander University Inc, as a company, has taken a broad step by securing qualified mentors and offering the opportunity to have pieces performed and recorded by a live ensemble.

To see to it that everyone gets the same shake at learning, we commissioned a simplified and affordable solo string string ensemble (BEFORE there was GPO) that works in all the samplers with a Giga import.

And with that comes the challenge of developing materials that satisfies those who read and those who are driven to achieve, but don\'t read music.

This makes Alexander University Inc. just as much a developer as any sample developer on this forum.

I see by your post you\'re from the UK. So is my wife who graduated from Bournemouth University. I graduated from Berklee. I don\'t know the stats in the UK, but in the US consider that:

a) less than 500 high schools offer harmony courses
    b) of the 1200 colleges offering an orchestration class, it\'s mostly one semester and at the end, a student never gets to hear his final project, and that includes private schools and state universities. At many 4-year colleges, tuition for four years can be between $25,000 and $35,000. At some private schools, tuition for a school year can be $25,000. All that money and to never hear your music, even in a MIDI lab, if there is one, and if it\'s up to date.

By comparison, you can get a computer, GPO with our Rimsky book packaged in, these training materials, and with disciplined scheduling you can give yourself, at your own pace, an awesome, practical music education that blends music with music production. No ivory tower here.

Did you know that in the past, composers learned harmony and improvisation by starting with counterpoint? But yet today, counterpoint is a junior year subject, and the majority of American community colleges can\'t offer it because of state law that prohibits them from offering courses that compete with the junior/senior courses of four-year state schools.

Yes, I admit what I\'m about to say costs a little. But by June 1, you can get a computer with a basic sound card (even a laptop), an 88-note keyboard hammer action USB keyboard controller from M-Audio for under $500 street, GPO or Silver, and all the Living Music Books we have shipping for the next two years. Talk about a home music learning center!

And we\'re not stopping with music. We have recording, post-production, and video production training in the pipelines. Include in this list practical business and Christian education training materials.

Alexander University Inc training is rooted in skills, organized in do-able segments you can do at your own pace to develop, explore and enjoy the process. Everything in music is organized for you to write, record, and produce, even the simplest examples.

And if you get stuck, you have an e-address where you can write and get your questions answered. What other book has support like that!?

We\'ve made a giant commitment here. And that commitment is spelled Y-O-U.

Go Back to forum