• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Peter A--- or anyone else with an opinion???

Share/Bookmark

Peter A--- or anyone else with an opinion???

Hey,

I\'ve had my Reaktor-4 for I guess, like, a year now... just sitting in the box.

So my question is: Since I can\'t use it on my Mac, is it safe to install on one of my PC\'s? Will it screw up my giga stuff? I\'m a complete idiot about that stuff... much more so than King.

I\'ve never touched the PC\'s other than to load new libs... I just don\'t know if I\'m asking for trouble by trying to install Reaktor-4 on the same computer giga is on (not running giga at the same time). Should I be ok?

Thanks!

Re: Peter A--- or anyone else with an opinion???

Hey Kid,
    I have session and have had it in osx for a few months. Hinky and crash prone? you bet. But if you get used to the safe instruments its ok. That being said, full reaktor just had an update that seems to have made a lot of mac users more satisfied. I say install it on the mac and let her rip.

christianb

I can\'t... doesn\'t work with DP3 or 4. And I\'m not in the mood to fool with Logic just yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It\'s about this time that I wish apple would just do away with all these crap sequencers (yeah even logic) and build the monster app that actually works with their computers, once and for all (one with the best attributes of each sequencer, with an audio section like pro-tools). I hope they kill off the other apps and force these softsynth developers to write code for this \"1\" monster app! Please make it happen someone!!!

Sorry, I just had to vent. It\'s almost been a year since NI said \"it will work next week\". WTF is the deal with these developers?

Love, KID- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Put it on the Giga PC. They\'ll co-exist just fine (although not simultaneously with most sound cards).

Reaktor would be right up your alley, from what I\'ve heard of your work. You will love it.

Install it, if your card is multiclient you\'ll be ok

Also, make sure to set away a frew days and have some caffiene around. Lock the door, and have fun making stuff [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys! ..that makes me feel better.

Next week is gonna be all about Reaktor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

BTW- King, I meant to say thanks for the great compliment you gave me about my cue \"Last Dance\" but the website went down right after I read it. Not my style to not say \"thanks\"... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

its ok, I still hate you for other reasons [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What other reasons? My appeal? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

thats one of them, others are, that kick [censored] rig you got, your surfing abilities, the facial hair.....you know that kind of stuff...

not to mention I\'ve known your online personality too long now. I mean stop following me.

Ha, I notice there\'s no mention of \"music\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh THIS rig? Yeah it\'s the sh[censored]it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Facial hair? You had a pretty slick goat going last time I saw you? Surfing? Next time you\'re down we\'re going! F\' those sharks! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ya know King, I\'m the Sammy to your Diamond Dave. \"I throw a party, you ARE the party\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But hey, loaded Reaktor. Thanks to you guys for giving me the confidence. It\'s a pretty killer app. Can\'t believe I didn\'t think to just load it into one of the PC\'s 8 months ago. Duh...

Might take me a few days to fully understand it though...... ;-)

Go Back to forum