• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garage Band and GPO Tutorial

Orcas Island

Garage Band and GPO Tutorial

I am pleased to announce that we have posted a GPO-GarageBand Tutorial. Many users have wondered how it might be possible to use Garritan Personal Orchestra with GarageBand and this tutorial shows how to do it.

B.J. Morgan authored an awesome tutorial on how to use Native Instruments products with Apple\'s GarageBand software. B.J. was kind enough to have his tutorial be adapted for GPO.

Coincidentaly B.J. set up the GPO demonstration at the “Hands On the Future” exhibit at the Museum of Making Music.

Thanks B.J. and thanks also to Kevin Rix for providing the screenshots and Alan Lastufka for design help.

Hope you enjoy this straightforward guide to using GPO within GarageBand.

Gary Garritan

Re: Garage Band and GPO Tutorial

Hi Gary!
    Thanks for the great GarageBand tutorial!
    I just have problems with images : only the first one loads. The others don\'t because their links are local :
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgarageba nd-1.jpg</a>
    instead of :
    Hope that helps.

[Oops..it does help. Thanks for letting me know Gil. sorry to edit but didn\'t want the directory made public. It should work fine now. - GG]

Great tutorial through and through! I\'ll be ordering my copy of GPO when my next paycheck comes in which is, oh, tomorrow! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I\'ll definitely be bringing GarageBand to a whole new level with the library and I\'ll be sure to share my first ever attempts with you all, I can\'t wait!

On a side note, I was thrown off for a second when I saw the GarageBand screenshots residing in Adobe Acrobat, which in turn were residing in what looked like Windows 98/2000. Bit of a headscratcher but a good laugh too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Gary!
    And sorry for the info in the link... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And here I was thinking of \"garage band\" add-on for GPO featuring:

* Bass that plays mostly 8th notes on open strings
    * Guitar played too loud through an amp cabinet with all mid frequencies boosted
    * Drums that increase their tempo and volume as the song goes on
    * Vocalist with VAR1 knob turned all the way up and snapped off

- m

LOL m, brings back A LOT of memories from my last band... hehehe

Go Back to forum