• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Flight of the GPO Bumblebee

Orcas Island

The Flight of the GPO Bumblebee

Simon \"Hasen\" Burgess has done an incredible rendition of the Rimsky-Korsakov\'s classic \"The Flight of the Bumblebee\":

Simon used GPO exclusively in this amazing this work. The GPO strings and woodwinds provide the very fast runs to create the musical \'bumblebee\'. Simon intersperses these runs with other instrumentation in this most famous of Rimsky-Korsakov\'s works. Here is the instrumentation he used:

GPO Instance 1: Flute Ens 1. Flute Ens 2. Oboe 1 Modern Ens 1. Oboe 1 Modern Ens 2. Bb Clarinet Ens 1. Bb Clarinet Ens2. Bassoon 1 Ens 1. Bassoon 1 Ens 2

GPO Instance 2: French Horn 1 Ens 1. French Horn 1 Ens 2. Vlns 1 Sus+Short. Vlns 2 Short Bows. Violas Short Bows. Cellos Short Bows. Basses Short Bows. Vlns 1 Trills H.

GPO Instance 3 : Vlns 1 Tremolo. Vlns 2 Tremolo. Violas Tremolo.

I was bee-dazzled by what Simon did and I think you will be too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

UK- teeming with life....

Re: The Flight of the GPO Bumblebee

Terrific effort. I assume this was played from Overture or was it input in realtime? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It\'s beesy to see why people could bee come bee sotted with GPO with results like this. I expect you were beeside yourself with glee when you first heard this? Purchasers won\'t get stung with GPO! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I hope we can hear more of your work.

Beeware though, some folk on this forum who don\'t know how to beehive themselves....No names....

Honey I love you.....just off to comb my hair! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well you started it............

Stop Droning on!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Great Job Simon,
    lots of notes in that there piece

Really nice! Hope you get a swarm of great comments.

Hey, Karl, man....

I really loved that Humbling of Job piece....that was really really pretty....my girl especially loved it! One thing I noticed was the thin orchestration when the choir was singing. This seemed intentional, but whether it was or wasn\'t, it was really nice! Excellent job!

Re: Whaddup...

Thank you Craig, Yes it was intentional, there are words to the anthem that of course one couldn’t hear well if covered up by orchestration. Of course one can’t hear them anyhow, until Frank adds ten thousand syllables to the upcoming Voci choir samples for GPO. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So glad you and your girlfriend liked it. Now back to Simon’s thread without bumbling around. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s amazingly talented people like Mr. Burgess that inspire me each day to want to learn everything there is about electroacoustics and digital audio. Without such tools like GPO, I think I would be struggling to hire a violinist to come into my room and play into my laptop mic. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] A wonderful piece, I commend you!

West Seneca, NY

Geeezzzz! I opened the link, it started playing, I forgot it was just music, and I mistakenly sprayed my laptop with insect spray! That\'s how convincing it was. What a mess I made.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Awesome work on this piece! I performed this on marimba as a solo piece for a recital in college. Never again! My hands and arms were all full of bumps and red marks at the end of the recital from the bites! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Another one of my favorites! It\'s about time. I like just they way it is!

Excellent rendition of Flight of the Bumble bee. Now lets here it Canadian Brass style! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Styxx, I also played this on the marimba for a recital while I was getting my bachelors at ONU. Oui Ve!! What a tune! I thought my arms were going to fall off. Oh wait, they did! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (Yeah right)

Go Back to forum