• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SAM Solo Sessions: Brass - Info Update

Share/Bookmark

SAM Solo Sessions: Brass - Info Update

Greetings all!

SAM Solo Sessions: Brass, the next library coming out from Project SAM will be released in 4-5 weeks. This library will feature 6 expressively sampled solo brass instruments.

THE INSTRUMENTS
    - Solo Piccolo trumpet
    - Solo Bb trumpet
    - Solo French horn
    - Solo Tenor trombone
    - Solo C tuba
    - Solo Cimbasso

ARTICULATIONS
    Each of the solo instruments will offer between 10 and 13 articulations. The piccolo trumpet will be somewhat smaller.

SIZE
    Estimated size of the full library is now around 10 GB, but this figure can still go up or down. That\'s for 3 microphone sets. Close (2m), Stage (7m) and Far (15m).

PRICING
    Pricing isn\'t final yet but the library will be sympathetically priced, in the range of our other products. That\'s for the whole package including all 6 solo instruments.

<font color=\"red\">NEW PREVIEW DEMO</font>
    A new preview demo of our upcoming SAM SOLO SESSIONS is now available. This short, expressive demo features our new solo French Horn and C Tuba.

Direct mp3 link: SAM Solo Sessions Demo

More information will be available soon at our website!

MULTIFORMAT DISCS
    Also be sure to check out our new Multiformat discs - SAM Horns, SAM Trombones and SAM Trumpets now available in native EXS24, Kontakt and HALion 2 format. One disc, three formats.

Enjoy!

Maarten Spruijt
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com

Re: Project SAM Solo Sessions: Brass - New Demo & Info

woah... good! I was just playing a piece for my dad the other week, and I\'d used the current SAM solo horn (because its just got this great expression to it) but he commented on the vibrato, something he\'s not fond of with the horn. I explained that this horn had the character I wanted, and none of the others really did it so well. The new horn oughta qiuet him up!

Beautiful demo, can\'t wait to hear more of these instruments.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    mike

Amazing demo!!!

I just happened to check your website (which I do on a regular basis) and immediately downloaded the file even before you posted here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

To remain on-topic: The new instruments sound brilliant and astounding!

Will there be an upgrade path for users like me who bought the Horns/Trumpets/Trombones + the Kontakt versions when they came out?

Hi Marteen,
    great sound expecially the horn.
    I\'m saving money for my 4th sam library.
    Just a personal request: being solo instruments, maybe some faster attack patches for sustained would be great to play faster passages that don\'t need staccato or marcato. I miss them a bit on the ensemble libraries.

Good luck for the library!

Luca

Thanks guys,

Musicpete: The Solo Sessions is a completely new product. It\'s not an update to the section libraries. As a matter of fact, the Solo Sessions are bigger than the 3 section libraries combined. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Of course there will be attractive pre-ordering discounts though.

Lux: Yup, we\'ll create both soft sustain patches (the original ones) and harder sustains for faster playing.

Best,

Maarten

Yea, I don\'t understand why people are so against solo horns having vibrato. I remember telling my band instructor a vibrato would be good for horn at a certain passage, his remark, \"Horns should not vibrato.\" Then I said, \"They sound nice though!\" He said, \"Are you the band director, or me?\"

Any word on cost for the new library yet?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PRICING
    Pricing isn\'t final yet but the library will be sympathetically priced, in the range of our other products. That\'s for the whole package including all 6 solo instruments.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

We will have final pricing soon.

Maarten

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    PRICING

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I was too late but I\'m not editing it.

New release information

Hello again!

We have some new Solo Sessions release information to share with you.

For the solo Bb Trumpet, French horn, Trombone, Tuba and Cimbasso SAM Solo Sessions will offer the following sampled articulations, again in three microphone sets (close, stage, far) and recorded in the same concert hall as our section libraries.

SAM SOLO SESSIONS: BRASS ARTICULATIONS
    <ul type=\"square\">[*]Sustained note[*]Diminuendo[*]Espressivo (crescendo-descrescendo)[*]Marcato long[*]Marcato short[*]Staccato[*]Staccatissimo[*]Crescendo long[*]Crescendo short[*]Repetition 8th note triplet[*]Repetition repeated 16ths[*]Effects collection[/list]

The list slightly differs per instrument. For instance, cimbasso has no repeated 16ths.
    Some instruments also have additional articulations, such as pedal notes for the trombone (down to low F) and an extra short \"Klezmer\" staccatissimo on the C tuba.
    The piccolo trumpet will be offered in a smaller set of articulations.

All sustained notes have been sampled in 4 dynamic layers, from P to FF. And we\'re very pleased with our FF layers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    All staccatos and staccatissimos are available in at least 3 alternations/takes. Great for cycling randomly or round robin in Kontakt or Giga 3.

Extra articulations will follow during programming, such as hard attack sustain, sforzando-crescendo and \"brass ensemble\" tutti patches.

These last patches work great by the way. The instruments blend wonderfully and can sound both very warm and deep in their soft dynamics as well as very powerful and piercing at Fortissimo. You will enjoy making brass orchestrations with these. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The tutti patches will help you lay down orchestration sketches.

We will have more music demos and sample downloads to show you soon!

All the best,

Maarten
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com

Go Back to forum