• Register
  • Help

Topic: Voice Dropout

Voice Dropout

I have a session with seven instances of Kontakt and a decent amount of samples loaded - GPO, Scarbee Bass, and Reason stuff. I\'m using PT LE 6.1.1 on a PC, P4 2.53 GHz 1 GIG ram. Everything is playing and working fine in the session; however, when I bounce to disk, some of the samples on the bounced version are cutting in and out. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks.

Re: Voice Dropout

Can\'t help you with your issue but I have something similar going on with a single instance of Kontakt 1.5 in either Cubase SX 2 or V-Stack, running on a P4 2.0, Audiophile 2496 card, 1.5 GB RAM. With the either the Bardstown Bosendorfer or converted Gigapiano 2, some notes are truncated regardless of the DFD settings, etc. I first noticed this while playing fairly quick gospel passages with octave bass and descending right hand progressions (like the lick in Bill Preston\'s \"Will It Go Round in a Circle\"). Played quickly, that kind of progression seems to cause Kontakt to crap out, simply cutting off notes in the passage, before I even play the next one. Let it rest for a couple of seconds - we\'re fine, until the next use of something similar. Wierd. Doesn\'t seem to be an issue with HALion. Any clues? Maybe something funky with Kontakt that also relates to the topic problem...

Go Back to forum