• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Black Grand Updates - Close-Mid-Ambient perspectiv

Share/Bookmark

Black Grand Updates - Close-Mid-Ambient perspectiv

Ok, say after me: \"It\'s a beta, it\'s a beta, it\'s a beta...\"
    Now, some news about the Black Grand:

As said before, the Black Grand is the next release from SampleTekk. Instrument recorded was a Steinway D Hamburg. The instrument was recorded in a concerthall from three different perspectives. 16 velocities pedal up, 16 pedal down and 16 releasesamples where recorded. To be able to do this, a special designed digital recording system called SLH was used.

The three perspectives are Close, Medium Ambient and Ambient.
    You can listen to mp3 demos of the three different perspectives here:

Black Grand Close Demo 1
    Black Grand Medium Ambience Demo 1
    Black Grand Ambience Demo 1
    Black Grand Close Demo 2
    Black Grand Medium Ambience Demo 2
    Black Grand Ambient Demo 2

Target date for release: 11:th of June
    Price: $195
    There will be a special White Grand/Black Grand bundle, and there will be a special offer to registred White Grand owners.

Re: Black Grand Updates - Close-Mid-Ambient perspectiv

I like the ambience medium and ambience version! I can hear that they\'re not a waste of memory space.

[ QUOTE ]
    I like the ambience medium and ambience version! I can hear that they\'re not a waste of memory space.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] That\'s also a way to put it.....

I guess that pianists that go for this one is more into classical, and for those, the ambient versions are more natural.
    I\'ve had classical pianists that have played the actual instrument in concerts who have listened to the different perspectives, and they also go for the ambient versions. The Close version can be used in several different ways: First, there might be one or two that actually likes the tone! You can also use it to blend with the one of the other perspectives.
    The close version could also work great with the Gigapulse in Gst 3!

I\'m getting a lot of mails about this, so I thought I\'ll answer them here:

Will the Black Grand be available in Gst 3 (including pedal noise, 16 matching releasesampling, repedalling, 24 bit and so on...) or Giga 2.5?
    - Both!
    Will there be an upgrade path from the Giga 2.5 version to Gst 3.0 and what will it cost?
    - Yes, around $30

[ QUOTE ]
    ... Will the Black Grand be available in Gst 3 (including pedal noise, 16 matching releasesampling, repedalling, 24 bit and so on...) or Giga 2.5?
    - Both!
    Will there be an upgrade path from the Giga 2.5 version to Gst 3.0 and what will it cost?
    - Yes, around $30

[/ QUOTE ]

fff Worra!
    I mean Fascinating Fabulous Fantastic! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... Will the Black Grand be available in Gst 3 (including pedal noise, 16 matching releasesampling, repedalling, 24 bit and so on...) or Giga 2.5?
    - Both!
    - Yes, around $30

[/ QUOTE ]

fff Worra!
    I mean Fascinating Fabulous Fantastic! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... thought it meant som,ething played at a very high volume, but I go for this!

I\'m a verb/ambience nut. Usually I ALWAYS prefer ambient to flat recorded pianos. But in this instance the flat version sounds to my ears much fuller, richer, more real, and more high fidelity than the ambient versions. Go figure.

PS Is the midi file for the Beethoven Pathetique (mid movement) that you used available anywhere, Worra?

JG

Sorry, this file is only made available for certified developers. Again, I\'m sorry.

Re: Black Grand Updates - Close-Mid-Ambient perspe

[ QUOTE ]

There will be a special White Grand/Black Grand bundle, and there will be a special offer to registred White Grand owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

We likeses special periceses we doess!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum