• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stormdrum at the Movies

Share/Bookmark

Stormdrum at the Movies

I just found out that Alan Silvestri used Stormdrum extensively in \"Van Helsing\", as did James Horner in \"Troy.\" I saw \"Van Helsing\" in digital projection and sound, and the drums sounded pretty damn good. They probably mixed them in with live orchestral percussion. Any way, it was cool to hear SD in a big film.

Re: Stormdrum at the Movies

I saw Van Helsing last night....and one of my first reactions to the wonderful music was.....\"I know where he got those sounds from.\"

Great score by the way.

Now I can put in my demo-reel that I sound just like Alan Silvestri.

[ QUOTE ]
    I just found out that Alan Silvestri used Stormdrum extensively in \"Van Helsing\", as did James Horner in \"Troy.\" I saw \"Van Helsing\" in digital projection and sound, and the drums sounded pretty damn good. They probably mixed them in with live orchestral percussion. Any way, it was cool to hear SD in a big film.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, sitting in VH and listening to the \"journey to Transylvania\" (e.g.) I thought \"wait, you know this loop\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] He used SD a lot in the movie. The whole thing sounds damn big. The Chorale is great, too.

Thanks again for making such a cool library, Nick. We owe you something [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Marc

why not, its a great tool. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]))

i will also use it in that movie i am doin music for. (www.kampfansage.de)
    i will post a few snippets as soon as there is something finished and i am allowed to post some.

stormdrum is just amazing for martial art movies [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    stormdrum is just amazing for martial art movies [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chop Sockey drums! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

StormDrum is an incredible tool - kudos to Nick!

I know a game or two it will be used in at E3 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I came out of the movie house with the rhythms still pounding in my chest and saying to myself, \"I gotta have those beats, I gotta have those beats, I gotta have those beats...\"

I noticed that too. They sounded GREAT! Congratulations Nick.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum