• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Only for the geniuses of this forum...

Share/Bookmark

Only for the geniuses of this forum...

Hi everyone, here is a problem that has been bugging me for the last week. I\'m stuck.

I have already managed GPO Studio fairly well with sibelius. Of course, we all know its limitations in terms of expression so I thought, ok, I\'ll plunge into Cubasis.

I saved a score as a midi file and opened it with Cubasis. Wonderful, all the tracks are there in multicolor fashion. I prepare my GPO Studio with all the corresponding instruments and then go to my cubasis and select midi channels accordingly. Everything works wonderfully, I can play my tuba with the modwheel and it sounds like a tuba.

But, when I try to record on one of the tracks, in order to add some solo part into the score, nothing happens. I press record, like the tutorial says, I hear the rest of the tracks as I play along, but when I listen to the result. NADA. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Is there anyone who can give me a hint as to what is happening here? Did I miss a switch or some option somewhere? Both led lights are lightened up when I play, so I assume the sequencer is receiving the info correctly.

Look forward to your comments.

Rodolfo

Re: Only for the geniuses of this forum...

I\'m not declaring to be a genius... but have you placed the L and R markers before and after the place where you\'re trying to record? Hopefully, it\'s as simple as that!

\"Only for the geniuses of this forum...\"

FINALLY, a question directed at me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Try the L R idea, it\'s either that, or your midi input device isn\'t set up as the input device...

it\'s as simple as that! L and R...

Yeap! That was it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thank you, geniuses. You\'ll never let me down.

Rodolfo

I\'ve had the same problem before and I can tell you it was as easy as setting the R & L markers. Unless there is a midi settings issue, it should work.

Hey Olives! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    it\'s as simple as that! L and R...

Yeap! That was it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thank you, geniuses. You\'ll never let me down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where should I send the bill for my $500 GPO consulting fee?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Glad it\'s working for you!

Where should I send the bill for my $500 GPO consulting fee?? My house where else! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Since I have such wonderful help, maybe I can cut a deal for another question...say $850 for 2? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Ok. Now when I try to record, Cubasis turns down all the other instruments (as with the modwheel). When I go to GPO Studio, I turn the modwheels back on, test them, fine...Go back to Cubasis, and it does the trick again. Now I am even more confused.

On occasions, the recording seems to crash, in other words, I get to a certain measure and all the sudden, I hear only one track with a major static-like sound, and then it goes on normally. I assume this has to do with my soundcard. I called the tech support of M-Audio and they told me to take off the sound card from the PCI slot, reboot the computer, put the card in another slot and reboot. Before I go to surgery, does anyone has something a bit less inconvenient to propose?

I\'m currently with M-Audio Delta (duplex) Asio driver with a latency of 256.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

I think I found the answer to my first question, regarding instruments turning themselves down. It is in the options menu, under \"play in the backround\", right? So far, this doesn\'t seem to happen anymore...

I\'ll see what happens with the crashes.

Rodolfo

This happens to me, too, and I think is may just be one of the annoyances (features??) of the program.

However, if you start the playback of a section before any of the blocks begin, or before a particular block, it seems to play through fine, at least most of the time. You do have to make sure that it plays through where there is a modulation event so it can trigger the volume, so always at least twitch the mod wheel once recording starts, even if you don\'t intend to use it for volume/timbre for a given track. But as I\'ve found, even where it plays through a modulation event, it still might go quiet at some point. And if you go into edit an individual track, the sound will almost certainly kick out at some points. There doesn\'t seem to be a fix or reason for that (that I know of, at least - ???), though playing back from before the block(s) start points usually means it will play through fine.

So try that, and if that helps, then we\'ll make arrangements for that $850! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh wait, what you\'re describing with the static and all that is not what I\'m talking about here, but I get these seemingly random volume drops all the time and I thought it might be similar to your problem.

Go Back to forum