so, i´ll begin:
1) first, i have NO midi on xp, i can play gigastudio not as standalone, only through cubase. i have to click the nemesys port 1 on the cubase midi track. then i hear the piano sound of giga.
2) after 3,4 boots of giga, the new GS 2.5 needs 15-20 seconds to be playable. maybe a midi driver issue ?
3) btw: i had no probs installing and registering giga.
4) the fx bug: if you hit the bypass button on the implemented giga fx, giga will crash immediately.
5) new bug in sibelius: unable to see the midi drivers, and therefore unable to select them. before i installed giga everything had been allright.
6) question: since hubis looppack can´t be installed on xp, is there another possibilty to install a virtual midi driver ? maybe midiyoke ?
man, i feel like a f+ckin beta tester.
there´s still plenty of work obtaining a bug free giga.
and, of course, i´m a bit bored of getting replies from nemesys or the mods \"it´s only a config thing\". hmmh, sure giga is great, thats why´i always kept it, but its still unreliable.
i could run GS 2.2 on my win98 without serious probs, the new mobo seems to be VERY stable, the ram is without errors, and i did not notice any crackles on the a7m.
(before i got the bad, BAD, BAD asus a7v mobo which really sucked.)
Yep, it definitely says public beta!! So we are all beta testers. Post those bugs up on Tascams forum.
I have my system setup as a dual boot config. Testing the XP OS before migrating everything over. I still do my production work on Win 98. I\'m still waiting for the XP version of Maestro Tools for GOS before switching over totally to XP.