• Register
  • Help

Topic: WinXP and 2.5: Some Bugs

Share/Bookmark

WinXP and 2.5: Some Bugs

hello all, didn´t post much on this forum, but i always read all the posts. i really like this forum, indeed.

so i downloaded the giga2.5 patch, installed it on xp pro, and got it to work. it needs a lot more RAM, but runs rockstable.

BUT there are some bugs, man, and i awaited the new xp version SO LONG.

my specs:
    amd athlon 1.2 fsb 100
    asus a7m
    256 ddr ram 1600
    20gb & 40 gb maxtor 7200 drives
    midiman 44
    cubase, sibelius, wavelab

so, i´ll begin:
    1) first, i have NO midi on xp, i can play gigastudio not as standalone, only through cubase. i have to click the nemesys port 1 on the cubase midi track. then i hear the piano sound of giga.

2) after 3,4 boots of giga, the new GS 2.5 needs 15-20 seconds to be playable. maybe a midi driver issue ?

3) btw: i had no probs installing and registering giga.

4) the fx bug: if you hit the bypass button on the implemented giga fx, giga will crash immediately.

5) new bug in sibelius: unable to see the midi drivers, and therefore unable to select them. before i installed giga everything had been allright.

6) question: since hubis looppack can´t be installed on xp, is there another possibilty to install a virtual midi driver ? maybe midiyoke ?

man, i feel like a f+ckin beta tester.
    there´s still plenty of work obtaining a bug free giga.
    and, of course, i´m a bit bored of getting replies from nemesys or the mods \"it´s only a config thing\". hmmh, sure giga is great, thats why´i always kept it, but its still unreliable.

i could run GS 2.2 on my win98 without serious probs, the new mobo seems to be VERY stable, the ram is without errors, and i did not notice any crackles on the a7m.
    (before i got the bad, BAD, BAD asus a7v mobo which really sucked.)

hope anyone can help me.

TIA, dudes.

saxology

Re: WinXP and 2.5: Some Bugs

I got 2Gb RAM and my GSt 2.5 needs about 1 minute to launch, but it only takes about 5 to 8 seconds to load the 900MB Steinway B piano sample.

So in the old days you went in fast but waited for a long time, and now you wait for a day to get in but then you\'re on the highway.

I\'m still trying to find out why it crashes during launching so frequently. Strange thing is that I uninstalled MIDI Yoke (8 virtual MIDI ports) and it got whole lot better.

Arys Chien

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>man, i feel like a f+ckin beta tester.
    there´s still plenty of work obtaining a bug free giga.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn\'t this a BETA release? So you ARE beta tester.

Yep, it definitely says public beta!! So we are all beta testers. Post those bugs up on Tascams forum.

I have my system setup as a dual boot config. Testing the XP OS before migrating everything over. I still do my production work on Win 98. I\'m still waiting for the XP version of Maestro Tools for GOS before switching over totally to XP.

Saxology,
    What were your problems with the A7V?

yes, you´re right, BUT giga 2.5 falls definitely back behind the 2.2 version, . . .

whaaaaa, that´s not cool. im not able to use sibelius with giga . . . and i cannot play the piano either without opening cubase. hey, that is really bad.

ok, maybe its an unusable beta. causde i read in the yahoo user groups of giga that a nemesys guy told us \"its nearly finished, no bugs to await\", haha, good joke.

saxology

Go Back to forum