• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New - Cubase-GPO Users Resource Page

Orcas Island

New - Cubase-GPO Users Resource Page

One of the nicest things about GPO is the community of users. With your help we have been able to provide demos, song files, tutorials and help for other users.
    I have tried to assemble all things Cubase related into one page so that Cubase GPO users can go to one place for important information.

Here is a link to the new GPO-Cubase Resource page:

This page was designed to serve as a resource and clearinghouse for Cubase GPO users. I wish to thank those who contributed demos, Cubase files, programs, tutorials, tips and other help.

If there is any way to make this page better, more helpful, and informative please let us know. Let me know if there are any misspellings you notice, broken or wrong links or if anything important was omitted.
    User contributions are always welcome for the GPO-Cubase page and if you have anything Cubase you could share, please let us know.

We plan to be posting more resource pages for the major sequencers and notation programs.

Gary Garritan

Re: New - Cubase-GPO Users Resource Page

marvellous Gary.

Thanks a lot. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If only every software / sampling house (I know GPO is far more than this..) offered such back-up and after sales service... Life would be so much easier.

thanks again

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

West Seneca, NY

I just came off of the Overture page and thinking now if there was a cubasis page and there it was!
    Excellent Gary! Also a big thank you to the composers who listed their work and tutorials. Very nice!
    What an exciting morning this has been! I don\'t want to go to work. Just hang aroung my studio all day and read read read!
    Thank you very much!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One more thing and I don\'t mean to sound ungreatfull. It would be nice if the links could stay on top of all the rest of the posts so as not to get bumped too far behind.

Thanks Gary for this great page!
    There are 2 files that can\'t be downloaded :
    - http://www.garritan.com/mpe/OnkelFichte_Lincke.all : must be http://www.garritan.com/mp3/OnkelFichte_Lincke.all (change \"mpe\" with \"mp3\").
    - http://www.garritan.com/mp3/NovemberGPO.cpr
    Hope that helps.

West Seneca, NY

That\'s a big 10 4 good buddy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Oh brother!

You can get mine from here: http://www.fallofautumn.com/NovemberGPO.cpr

Gary should fix the rest soon...

West Seneca, NY

Wow... Just had some time to really study what is offered on this page. Geezzze Gary, your one heck of a person. We should take a sample of your DNA and see what the rest are missing!
    Can\'t tell you enough how cool this is!

UK- teeming with life....

Splendid effort... Gary and the team...what a great idea well executed....and thanks for being true to your word. These pages can only grow quickly from a strong start like this.

Sadly I haven\'t got going with GPO yet due to various reasons (and writing too much......thank goodness I learned to touch type a few years ago!) but I have printed off articles that I thought would help me since the beginning.

These tips and techniques are invaluable whether from your team or GPO customers. They include all sorts...GPO, Sonar, Cubase, production (reverbs) etc. With hindsight I wish I had saved the links of useful threads.

In an ideal world it would be good to place these links under sub-headings like:

GPO techniques
    GPO Installation
    etc etc
    Sound cards (I finally replaced my SBlive, last night, with a Waveterminal 192L- £110 with MIDI IO....sounds great.....if it\'s good enough for Haydn and Francesco it\'s good enough for me...even if they do have the 192M!!)

I know that this idea has been suggested before but its still valid. I guess we can always search NS to save the hassle though.

Anyway, what has been created with the Resource Page is most gratefully received.

PS- I haven\'t tried it yet but I think it would be possible to delay and reduce the vibrato using two or more overlapping notes and fading in and out using expression CCs. The strength of vibrato may be reduced by again using expression CC judiciously. OK a bit of a hassle, but if you\'ve got the patience it\'s surprising what MIDI workarounds you can come up with. It won\'t be long until I try it now!!

What an amazing post...You read my mind. All the questions answered in one place by fellow musicians, what else could one wish for?

What a great resource !!!

Thanks a million Gary !!!

Go Back to forum