• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile latency in Gigastudio

Audiophile latency in Gigastudio

Hi everyone
    Could someone advise me how the Audiophile 2496 soundcard compares to other GSIF cards with regard to latency in Gigastudio. I am building a dedicated Giga P4 computer, and will be using it for piano libraries only, and am looking at buying a soundcard with the lowest possible latency.
    Do all the GSIF cards similar latency, if not how does the Audiophile compare?

thanks in advance :-)

Re: Audiophile latency in Gigastudio

keep in mind that Audoiphile 2496 is a pro sound card , so its low latenly won“t be a problem...I use it , I can“t compare it with others but I must say that I play a virtual piano almost daily and I“ve never had a problem with latency...My advice - if you are looking for a great and affordable sound card , buy it!!!

Thanks for that Leo. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I posted the same question on the Gigastudio forum and have had some interesting comments which you may wish to read

yes I read the other comments and they“re very helpful...but I saw that you are leaning to a much more expensive sound card...Becareful , many others soundcards have a lower latency than 2496 , but you need to make sure if it“s worth spending much more money for a few miliseconds that won“t make any difference on your performance...As I“ve already said , I“m always playing pianos on my Audiophile 2496 and never realized something strange related to the latency...
    ...take care!!!

Go Back to forum