• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bidule as an alternative to Studio

Share/Bookmark

Bidule as an alternative to Studio

Not that there\'s anything wrong with GPO Studio, but I\'d like to look into Bidule. Has anyone here used it with GPO or other VST\'s? I\'m interested in it\'s ability to host other VST\'s in realtime so that I can use it with a notation program (Overture.) Any other VST hosts out there that anyone can recommend?

Re: Bidule as an alternative to Studio

Yes I used it and I\'m planning to try it with EXS as soon as I get my GOS lite.
    It\'s not so simple as GPO Studio and I think it should have a better manual but it works.
    Michael

Isn\'t it a trial/beta application right now? There isn\'t a whole lot of information on the site right now. Maybe the guys from Plogue will see this and elaborate. I may check into it anyway. I\'m interested in the posibilities it represents. This way I can use any kind of plug I want with GPO. That will really open it up for me.

I used Bidule extensively during the beta testing of GPO. Bidule on a PC hosting Kontakt, with the sequencing done in Digital Performer on Mac. Bidule is a remarkably powerful little app, and simple to get around in. The new version is called beta still, but don\'t let that fool you.

An alternative VST host is Steinberg\'s V-Stack. I think I paid around $50 for it, and it is what I use for production music with GPO (V-Stack on the PC, DP on the Mac, with some GPO instruments hosted on the Mac).

I can\'t comment on either app\'s integration with a notation program, since I don\'t use such.

Trond

Hi there

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn\'t it a trial/beta application right now? There isn\'t a whole lot of information on the site right now. Maybe the guys from Plogue will see this and elaborate. I may check into it anyway. I\'m interested in the posibilities it represents. This way I can use any kind of plug I want with GPO. That will really open it up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

We consider Bidule a \"beta\" since we dont think it contains all the extra features we want it to have in order to call it a v1.0 product.

However, as far as its core Audio/MIDI engine and VST hosting is concerned,
    Bidule is complete, thats why this \"core\" was ready to be licensed and used in GPO Studio.

There are one or two twists in GPO studio that are not in bidule however, mainly
    the notation software/modulation wheel management and its built in virtual midi devices on PC.

David,

Are you saying that if I choose to use Bidule I may lose some of the controls I have with Studio?

Hi,

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you saying that if I choose to use Bidule I may lose some of the controls I have not with Studio?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only things that are in Studio and not in Bidule are the option
    to ignore mod wheel and the bundled virtual MIDI ports
    (you\'ll need to install/use the Maple ones or MIDI Yoke)

Go Back to forum