• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My First GPO Piece: The Adventures of Midas

Share/Bookmark

My First GPO Piece: The Adventures of Midas

This is amazing. I\'ve had GPO since just before Christmas and I\'m finally getting around to posting something. Unfortunately, I don\'t have the luxary of being able to just goof around with composing unless it has something to do with a real project - which is a real shame since GPO is the perfect tool for just such a thing.

Many years ago I used to work with just an Emu Proteus/2 Orchestral sample player as my composing tool. What I really liked about it is you just turn it on and start playing! I get the same results with GPO. Even though I use Giga Studio in my home studio, I have been using GPO at my office because I can run it on a single computer. At first I thought it would just be a composing tool, but I\'m finding that I\'m using it for production work.

Anyway, here is an excerpt from an animation project, a promotional film for \"The Adventures of Midas\". The piece is not finished, so I put together a kind of medley of the cues.

Thanks for listening.

The Adventures of Midas

Steve Barden

Re: My First GPO Piece: The Adventures of Midas

Nice tune, like the bassclarinet...

Shlomo

Wow! Very nice. I sure don’t want to hear anyone say that you can’t get that big, dare I say it? … sound any more.

Really nice indeed !!!

Very curious about the finished product... including the film [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve,

Very impressive! Your orchestration sounds marvelous. I think Gary\'s going to want this one for the GPO demo page.

Can you tell us anything about how you created this.

Brian

Some excellent skills and ideas. It\'ll be interesting to see how all the cues fit together when your finished.

Frank

[ QUOTE ]
    Can you tell us anything about how you created this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I\'d be happy to share any info I can. Other than using my fingers, I\'m not sure how to answer your question. What specifically do you want to know?

All the best,
    Steve Barden

Very nice. I\'d like to hear some of the whole sections or scenes when they are worked out - I get a taste for a part and it\'s suddenly gone. Even so, you did a good job of taking the various parts and welding them together into this medly.

Steve

The Adventures of Midas has the Midas touch. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] After hearing the music I can\'t help but wonder what the animation will be like.

The medly paints some very nice sound pictures and was fun to listen to. I like how you effortlessly transition from one mood to another and some elements remind me a little of Gershwin, Copeland and a little Bugs Bunny.

Looper is right - I do want this for the GPO page if you wouldn\'t mind.

Thanks for sharing this.

Gary Garritan

[ QUOTE ]
    I do want this for the GPO page if you wouldn\'t mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary,

Thanks! I\'d be honored to be a part of the many great GPO showcase pieces.

[ QUOTE ]
    ...some elements remind me a little of Gershwin, Copeland and a little Bugs Bunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always say \"steal from the best!\" (especially Bugs Bunny!)

Steve Barden

Go Back to forum