• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Demo using Scarbee RSP73 Rhodes

Share/Bookmark

New Demo using Scarbee RSP73 Rhodes

Hello

i did a new song using the Scarbee RSP73 Rhodes, who is, by far, my favorite library.
    i used it in that song, with a Motif 8 Yamaha.
    Guitar, bass, and drums are real. everything was overdubbed, no one played together.
    Guitar is Scott Lerner.
    Bass is Janek Gwizdala (performed with hiram bullock and randy brecker)
    and drums are from jim McCarty (Al jarreau, ringo starr and Man on the moon soundtrack.) and
    myself on keyboard.

enjoy.. comments are welcome.
    the song in that version, has not been mixed or mastered. thanks for your time.
    Scarbee RULES !!!!!!!!!!

Subway - New Scarbee Demo

Re: New Demo using Scarbee RSP73 Rhodes

NICE! Would it be wrong to say that it\'s \"Return to Forever\"-ish in the best kind of way? I love the keys particularly how they laid back during the head-in and comps. What did you do to process the keyboard part? some form of distortion? How far did you stray from a \"performance mode\" in stepping forward with the patch you used for the solo. Everyone laid out nicely and the feel was very organic, especially for it coming from all overdubs.

I did notice some very unkind cymbal swishing - most likely from the mp3 compression - always murder on cymbals, and music in general.

I have RSP, SID, and WEP coming in the mail, and must say that I\'m even more excited than when I placed the order! I will be relying on J-Slap-n-Fingered and my own playing and programming for bass parts, but your guy shows there\'s no substitute for a really good player. Anyway, all players are outstanding, and the keyboard part is pure magic. Congrats on a fine track - looking forward to hearing the completed mix.

..and oh yes - SCARBEE does rule! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wow - great tune!

The RSP73 sound so good - is it Scarbee Vintage Keyboard FX you used?

If so what FX did you use? (can\'t wait to release it... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

We must make a preset with that sound - called \"Subway\"? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

PS. Scott plays fantastic...

Absolutely wonderful! Great groove, creative harmonization, nice solos, and 5 stars, you can dance to it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

What is the hammond?

And Kip, if you read this - THIS is the guitar sound I think of for jazz,,,

Dasher

[ QUOTE ]
    NICE! Would it be wrong to say that it\'s \"Return to Forever\"-ish in the best kind of way? I love the keys particularly how they laid back during the head-in and comps. What did you do to process the keyboard part?

[/ QUOTE ]

hi,
    thank you all for your comments.
    1)well, calling that song \"return to ferever\"-ish is a big compliment. thank you very much.
    when i wrote the song, i had some names in mind, like robben ford, Frank gambale, and of course chick corea, that i stole from him some of his phrygian, super-locryan and altered modes, but i admit that my solo capability are not that good , and i\'m soloing mostly in dorian mode (i\'m working on that actually).
    the second guitar solo part, typical m7 chords came from the first solo album of muchael landau, Tales from the bulge.
    2) for the keyboard sound process, i used the Keyboard vintage FX (alpha version) from Scarbee, who will be released soon. i don\'t remember exactly which setting, but i used the Pre-amp, Delay, reverb, and chorus (very small).playing with the settings, the overdrive effect came pretty easy, i think because of the preamp.but it was an old version, and i have not yet tried the new version. but it\'s an amazing product, who will kick [] everybody on the market soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Absolutely wonderful! Great groove, creative harmonization, nice solos, and 5 stars, you can dance to it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

What is the hammond?

And Kip, if you read this - THIS is the guitar sound I think of for jazz,,,

Dasher

[/ QUOTE ]

hi, thank you.
    for the hammond, it\'s one of the preset of NI B4. i forgot to mention it.

Superb demo. That Rhodes is just radiant!

Go Back to forum