• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac User Buys PC!

Mac User Buys PC!

OK, I got tired of trying to run Giga samples on Mach 5 in Pro Tools, and went all out and got a fast rack mount PC. Got here the other day.

Been using the Mac since...the EIGHTIES....and I gotta say, I really like this PC. Very zippy (P4 and Raptor). Quick, quick. I get work done. Giga is a joy.

Don\'t understand the format wars. Love the Mac, and now Love the XP adorned PC. They both help me get work done.

What\'s all the fuss?

(Of course, I have little idea what I\'m doing on the PC, but the fact that I can work it right out of the box and navigate, says a lot about the fact that the PC seems as easy to use as the Mac....)

Anyway, glad to see the PC isn\'t the big fearsome, unfriendly bore a lot of folks led me to believe it was. I think it\'s rather cool...

Re: Mac User Buys PC!

[ QUOTE ]
    Mac User Buys PC!

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Angeles

Usually when you hear people slam other gear it\'s because they\'ve never USED any other gear. It\'s called \"the newbie loyalty factor\"... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, enjoy the new PC.

Yeah good plan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] One of my top users just got the same idea and will buy a cheap PC to use as a \"hardware\" sampler. He uses Protools on Mac.

I use both mac and PC and like them both.

I am getting ready to add a PC to my studio as well. Can\'t wait to get playing with Giga 3.0. \"Sometime after May 24th\", is the latest info we have.

Not sure what kind of PC, with what specs. I\'d like something powerful and quiet, that will run Giga as well as some other cool NI applications. (Reaktor for one)

Castle Rock, Colorado

Exactly. I love my Mac G5 (I\'ve been a hardcore Mac user for years), and I also love my VisionDAW PC. Currently running EWQLSO in both but really looking forward to GS3 (whenever they decide to release it.)

Hi Tom,

Enjoy the new PC. At one time, the fuss was justified IMHO (and I\'ve only been a Mac user for 1 and a half years! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ). The most recent versions of Windows are fairly user-friendly and I\'ve found quirks with all of the current OS\' (Win98, Win2K, WinXP, OS9 and OSX). Nowadays, as you have found, it\'s really horses for courses. Each has its advantage and, frankly, I can\'t see myself without either. My Mac is my main daw and my PC is used mainly for Gigastudio (bring on 3.0) as well as a VSTi farm. I\'ll probably be adding another one or two at some point as well.

Have fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum