• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Anyone do music other than orchestral?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone do music other than orchestral?

Specifically \"hybrid\"....

I\'m curious if anyone here does music other than orchestral. I hear a lot of orchestral here, which is fine, but does anyone do stuff that\'s not so orchestral. For example: like Cliff Martinez, Carter Burwell, Chris Beck etc...

Anyone? Just curious....

Is it that no one here is doing that type of thing, or just that no one posts it?

Re: Anyone do music other than orchestral?

sure, check my website [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

www.cellarroom.de

I\'m all over the damned road - poster child for ADD. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have a particular fondness for academic electronica, keyboard jazz, and standard singer-songwriter stuff, but haven\'t done much of any of those things since college. That\'s about to change soon, and will soon be posting links on my new Flash-based web site to show off some of the new wares.

I just ordered all of the SCARBEE keyboard libraries and things are going to become much more interesting in my studio in general, as I just replaced my old MIDIBoard with one that purportedly was played by Chick Corea in some capacity. My guess is that it was one of his road keyboards, with the dings that are on it - but the key action is SUH-WEET! It\'s one of the later models with the Hammond-Suzuki mechanism, as well as version 3 of their software with lots of adjustment for the action in software and fun stuff like arpeggiator. Between the functions in the MIDIBoard, the ExpressionMate that it plays through, and all of the virtual analog gear in my virtual studio, I should likely be able to do my part to communicate with aliens with a series of bleeps, buzzes and other odd noises \"to beat the band\". And if I could ever get my keyboard chops together, I could put together something that humans would identify as music, too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Orchestral composition has a unique set of challenges, but honestly I\'m looking forward to broadening my range again and building my chops in all areas, with the orchestral pallette as part of the tools and colors at my disposal.

Sure, orchestral-only would be damn boring [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It would? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

no!

I would be glad if I could do orchestral stuff only, but there is not enough demand for it (at least here in Austria)... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I´m completely the opposite...I can´t compose anything that is not orquestral...if people look for me it´s because they want orquestral sound...
    ...I prefer to follow my heart than the market [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!!

I play in orchestra 6 to 9 hrs a day.. for kicks and extras I write this stuff

http://www.ambiencellist.com

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah sure, orchestral writing is cool.... but sometimes it\'s good to just take-off on a good old contemporary rock tune.

<font color=\"red\">Check this out:</font> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]... http://home.sc.rr.com/filmtrax/Victory%20Flight.MP3

Gary M. Thomas
    (Hans Zimmer Guitars vol. 1 &amp; Quantum Leap Guitars &amp; Bass)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast