• Register
  • Help

Topic: E3'd out!

E3\'d out!

Wow, I just got back from E3....major sensory overload...my eyesockets are burning.

I felt like a just died and gone to heaven, but I have to say that it was almost too much of a good thing.

Got to see the new PSP, gotta have one. Metal Gear Solid 3 looks...well....solid!

Silent Hill 4 looks freaky as always.

Doom 3....bring it on!

All in all it was awesome, any other thoughts from attendees?

Re: E3\'d out!

The new Zelda is very very nice looking.

Unreal 3 engine......nuff said.

I must say that from the demos and photos I have seen of E3. It must have been an amazing place to be.

Games that I\'m looking forward to are:

ZELDA (About time! Cell shaded was ok but really didn\'t live up to the Zelda name). I\'m a Huge Zelda fan! It is about time Nintendo did something right. After the loss of the company Rare this game will finally bring Nintendo back to life.

Halo 2 (Should be the best Xbox multiplayer game. I think I\'ll be going to many Xbox link up sessions over Christmas)

Doom 3 (Should be a blast from the past. Cant wait!)

HL2 (What can I say other than this game will rock! Although since we have been waiting so long for this release it will be hard to believe that it will actually get released). And it doesn\'t help that while my ATI 9600 pro has been waiting it is slowly ageing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway, what a BIG year at E3!

Burbank, CA. US of Mexico

For me, E3 gets more and more disappointing each year. We make these games to be immersive experiences and yet we show them off in an environment which couldn\'t be more contrary to that experience. You can barely hear the guy screaming at you from 2 feet away, much less experience a game the way it\'s intended. The smart developers had closed-door sessions but you either had to wait in insane lines or have an appointment to see them, so that was a bit prohibitive. Halo2 looked pretty fun. Sammy spent the most money by far; I hope that it serves them. HL2 was a thrill. Doom3 looked great on a PC, but it doesn\'t look as good on the XBox. It might not be the benchmark that it looked to be at E3 2 years ago. Conker looks fun, glad to see Rare back in the game. UTC2 looks pretty great. The PSP looks pretty exciting. I have yet to see the audio dev tools for it, so I\'m a little scared of what developing for it will require, as the memory specs suggest that it will be a step back from the blood-letting that is PS2 development.
    I saw a lot of developers clamoring to establish hype for 2nd rate products, which is always a bit sad. This is a hit or die industry and every year it gets worse in this sense. Never is that desperate fact more apparent than at E3.
    -Jamey Scott

From what I saw, I\'m really looking forward to Ubisoft\'s offerings. Prince of Persia 2, Myst 4, and Splinter Cell 3 all looked amazing. The only one I could actually hear was Splinter Cell 3... and it was good.

IMO, it was one of the more exciting E3 events in a while.

Fable, the new Zelda, Doom 3, Resident Evil 4, Conker, Silent Hill 4, Halo 2, Devil May Cry 3, Unreal 3.0 engine (as well as UC2 for Xbox), and many more. Though I would have loved to see more of Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts 2, Goldeneye, TimeSplitters 3, along with many others. Not to mention the new Mario game is still a mystery....

Either way, it looks like we\'ll see some good offerings in the final age of the current consoles.

on the end of the bow...

I wish i had been there [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

yeah, i wasn\'t too thrilled with E3 this year either. the psp is exciting, as well as the new Gameboy thingy... Also, there was this game where you\'re a giant ball tha keeps smashing things and the more things you smash, the bigger the ball gets. That seemed pretty fun, but a lot of the other stuff didn\'t really do it for me. It also might have just been too damn loud. Couldn\'t really even get my head around what was going on in the showroom.

Santa Cruz California

Re: E3'd out!

HL2 and it's MODs(Especially its MODs) Will re-set the pace again.!

Go Back to forum