• Register
  • Help

Topic: no sound with GS 2.54 in XP with Indigo io

no sound with GS 2.54 in XP with Indigo io

I\'ve never actually been able to get GigaStudio working successfully on my XP machine, and I\'ve basically had to just stop using the software over the last couple of years because of it. About a year ago I bought an Echo Indigo for my notebook to try to get it working, but no luck.

The program runs, but the MIDI input indicators are all grayed out, and no matter what I use for an input source, I can\'t get any sound in Giga. I\'m running a Sager brand notebook, 3.06Ghz with hyperthreading, 1GB DDR RAM, Windows XP Pro with all updates and ATI Radeon 9000 video. I am using the latest Indigo drivers, but haven\'t found any older ones to try. In searching this forum I\'ve found that other people with Echo cards have reported similar problems, but I\'ve never found a solution that works.

Anybody have any ideas?

Re: no sound with GS 2.54 in XP with Indigo io

Try this fix.

Start | Run \"regedit\". Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Drivers32.

(This is the location in Windows 2000. Windows XP is probably similar; I don\'t know for sure. Windows 98/ME will be different; just search on \"gmidi.dll\".)

Delete all the blank MIDIx entries. Delete \"MIDI10 gmidi.dll\". Make a new entry, \"MIDIx gmidi.dll\", where \"x\" is the next available number. (That is if drivers are using \"MIDI\" and \"MIDI1\", use \"MIDI2\".)

Re: no sound with GS 2.54 in XP with Indigo io

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I\'m still struggling with this.

I suspect that the problem is somehow related to GigaStudio\'s cooperation with Echo drivers, as all of the posts I\'ve seen on this subject are from owners or Echo products.

Anybody here have an Echo card that you\'ve gotten to work with Giga 2.5 in XP? If so, did you run into any of these problems initially?

Go Back to forum