• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Gabriel Yared's Troy score...

Share/Bookmark
    SecondPost

Gabriel Yared\'s Troy score...

There was a bunch of stuff posted here a few weeks ago about Yared\'s score being scrapped for Horner\'s... anyway, if anyone is interested Gabriel Yared has a bunch of extracts of his score up on his webpage

Look in the news section - it\'s actually quite nice. I especially like \'Hector and Achilles Fight\'. It certainly sounds better than what I\'ve heard (and seen conducted of! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) Horner\'s score.

Re: Gabriel Yared\'s Troy score...

Having just heard several of the excerpts from Yared\'s score and owning Horner\'s score for the film, I must say I am shocked. Yared\'s score is simply superior. Horner\'s, although good, is not the epic, grand and fresh approach that Yared took to the film.

The film has definitely lost what would have been a tremendous score. I sincerely hope they make this rejected score available on CD as they have with Goldsmith\'s rejected score for Timeline.

What a shame,

Kaveh

Could anyone post a link directly to the music? I only get a black screen at that website...

Thanks

I just listened to some of the excerpts as well... man... that\'s a tremendous score - superior by far. Priam\'s Fugue was just.... *shiver*. What was Warner THINKING??

Thank You for posting this link... WOW. These are fantastic! It\'s of course a difficult thing to create a powerful short theme... BUT the \"developed\" idea is not something Horner usually does like this. This is richly epic to me. More like being guided by the music than shoved, if that makes any sense.

I didn\'t get to hear much of the session that was posted earlier, so I can\'t speak to the new score yet (or this one really, since there is no accompanying picture), but I can\'t imagine that Horner could have done this well, especially in so little time.

[ QUOTE ]
    Could anyone post a link directly to the music? I only get a black screen at that website...

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hans, the site is done in Flash so unfortunately there are no direct links available. You may wish to try downloading the Flash player; www.macromedia.com

I hate to say it, but the score does sound a little old fashioned to me. Im not saying that\'s a bad thing, but the Hollywood execs are probably thinking of their young demographic too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks Scott,

I had to activate active scripting to get it. Never allow that stuff, and I never have any pop-ups etc.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

About the music: I thought it was mostly refreshing. It sounded \"right\" for the movie.

Hans

Scott, Horner\'s score is anything but \"modern.\" Both scores appropriately sound both somewhat eastern and ancient, however Yared\'s is simply a superior suite of music.

Kaveh

I agree. Horner\'s music is very cheesy since Titanic.

me likes very much...its possible that it jsut was too over the top for the movie itself, making some bits over dramatic....

stilll wow.. I really like it

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast