• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Music Man,First GPO tune

Music Man,First GPO tune

This is my first orchestral work.It might be a simple tune but it helped me get my feet wet.Any feedback would be helpfull.Thanks for listening.On The Ocean of Life [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Decatur Illinois

Re: First GPO tune

I Love it. Very beautiful and reminds me of film music. I only wish that I had written it. Congrats. You did a great job. The only thing I might have done differently (and this is only my personal taste) is to use the suspended cymbals on your builds instead of the piatti but still it sounds great. It is inspiring me to get offline and try to write something myself right now. Cant wait to hear more from you. Maybe you could tell us what your instrument list is and what you use to actually write (notation or sequencing software).

Orcas Island

Re: Music Man,First GPO tune

The title does it justice. \"Ocean of Life\" is cinematic and flowing. I can imagine looking over the ocean listening to this. Moments of calm and tumultuousness followed by tranquility. Very effective. And excellent arranging and balance among the instruments.

Thanks for posting this and I hope this can be posted on the GPO demo page.

Gary Garritan

Hamburg, Germany

Wow, that\'s a big ocean. I can\'t believe this is your first orchestral work... really? What have you done before then? Very moving and a perfect sound/mix too.

West Seneca, NY

Gary and the others on this forum. I met this man a few months ago and if it weren\'t for him introducing me to GPO, I would never had known. This piece is very special to me as a listener because of his great warmth and personality!
    Musicman, I heard this piece in it\'s infant stages and ever since have been waiting to hear the finished product. This is as wonderful as I imagined it would be. I do have a love for the ocean and your piece has brought me to its shores. As for technical, you know me to be one who critiques from the heart.
    Very beautiful. Awesome! Thank you for posting. See you soon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Beautiful! Very cinematic - gorgeous orchestration, sumptuous dynamics, with a great expansive, rolling/wavelike feel to it. Thanks so much for posting this.

I have to say that this is one of the best GPO pieces I\'ve yet heard. This could be transplated to a big Hollywood movie and nobody would know that it wasn\'t played by a real orchestra.

I know Gary always insists that GPO is only a sketchbook, but I think pieces like this prove that it\'s so much more than that. For low budget filmmakers it\'s a godsend.

Joseph, you have a career waiting for you. Beautiful, beautiful work.

P.S. I\'d love to know the particulars -- sequencer, effects, instruments, etc.

Mermaids do exist!

Wow! I really enjoyed this so much! I\'m quite impressed! You\'ve been hiding your talents from us for much too long!

You really did an outstanding job on this. The orchestration fits so beautifully under the melody that floats so gracefully above. The spatial quality of the piece is most admirable - every thing had room to breathe. In my own writing, I find that hard to achieve.

Thank you so much for sharing your music with us! I look forward to hearing more form you in the future!

UK- teeming with life....

Joseph....Fabulous. Great orchestration and production.

I would like to thank you all for your most kind feed back you are all such talented people .A special thanks goes to Gary and your crew for such a great product. You have made a gift that keeps on giving. I would be honored to have my music posted on the demo page. To those who want particulers I use Cakewalk pro 9,Sonar,All wave editing was done in samplitude, and the final mastering in T-RACKS . Everything was done with GPO except the reverb. I used the Sonitus reverb pluigin .As far as instruments: Flute V ,Chromatic Harp 1,Vlns lush mute,Vlns 1 sus -short,Cello sus short,Basses lush, Basson 1 solo,Oboe 3 modern, Bb clarinet solo,French horn overlay F and FF,Tbone overlay,trumpet overlay,Basic orch perc.,Percussion toys.Once again thank you for your encouragement and insperation. Joseph [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum