• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GPO Price Increase??

Orcas Island

GPO Price Increase??

I am considering raising the price of GPO soon. We have been advertising an introductory price and it\'s probably time for the introduction to end.

Moreover, in the upcoming version we will be adding new programming, more features (such as streaming for the Player), a new GPO Studio (with capture to audio) and new versions of Overture and Cubasis. To defray licensing and other costs we need to have a new price structure. Also, there are changing currency considerations.

We are thinking of raising the price to between $279 and $299 ( or possibly a little higher). This was discussed during last Friday\'s GPO Chat and GPO users thought this was fair and reasonable.

I would like to know what your thoughts are about this.

Gary Garritan

West Seneca, NY

Re: GPO Price Increase??

For those of us that already have GPO - will some of these upgrades be available to us? Hopefully in a nominal price range.
    Personally, I feel the price increase is justified and still quite modest to say the least for what a musician can do with your program software. So, as the coffee cup on my desk says, \"GO FOR IT! Life is not a dress rehearsal.\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Out of my Mind

Hehe. I\'m glad I just ordered mine today [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I already Have EWQLSO Platinum but I wanted something on a smaller scale as I am new to orchestration, and would like to have a \"scratch pad\" so to speak to help me to learn. Also, I will use it with my Sibelius 3.

Looks like I will be roaming in this topic on this board now as well.

Easy for me to say, since I already have my GPO, but . . .

I think just the original content and enhancements you\'ve listed already merit a higher price. $279-$299 is still a bargain.

I think the price is still very low compered to the great features of GPO. Please consider an pgrade path of us \"old GPO\" users.
    I would be very interesting in all the new staff!!
    a lot!

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Gary - -

Of course, the realities of marketing being what they are, from a consumer stand-point a lower price is always going to be easier to move. However, I think that I would have no qualms about paying $299 for GPO - - especially if you are going to \"sweeten\" the pot with new voices and additional features.

I think you should also consider raising the price of GOS/Lite as well. For the money, it is definitely in the same sweet spot and I remember getting it (I think at \"House of Samples\" / MTLC) for $179. That\'s a very sweet package for that price, and I would not be offended if it were a comparable price to GPO as I think the values are quite comparable.

Sorry to have missed the discussion in the chat yesterday - - I was off getting my driver\'s license renewed (what fun!).

Cheers! kev [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I agree that the increase is warranted considering the updates/upgrades.

I also hope that those of us who already own GPO will get to buy the updates at a fair price.

As I said on the chat, you\'ve advertised the introductory price for quite some time now, so a price change can\'t really come as a surprise to anyone, nor can anyone claim it\'s unfair in any way. In fact, some might even consider it a bit odd if the the \"intro\" price is kept forever. IMO, a price change would seem most natural at this stage.

Like someone else said here, at $299 (or more even) I think it\'s still a great value.

I say raise the regular price, but maybe keep the introductory price for students...or set the student price just below the regular price.

Regardless, I think it would be a good move to introduce academic pricing as well. I believe this would attract a lot of students, music and otherwise. GPO fits their profile nicely IMO.

Just my 2 cents. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For what GPO does in comparison to what else is available and/or comparable you could have charged $499 and it still would have been a bargain!

You should be commended for being a pioneer and not following the trend of pricing stuff only for people who are millionaires. Increasing the price by $20 - $40 is still the best deal in town considering the upgrades and enhancements you are planning to include.

All the best,
    Steve Barden

At $299 it would still be a great deal though if it is $300+ it will not have the same draw.

I bought it because the price was right, the idea of getting my own orchestra for $249 was all it took for me (well, that and the demos) though if it had been $300 I would not have bought it.

One thought though, if the price goes up the NI player must have greatly improved performance on the Mac.

Go Back to forum