• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Samplitude or Cool Edit Pro?

Share/Bookmark

Samplitude or Cool Edit Pro?

For Audio Editing and best Effects, which is a better quality product Samplitude or Cool Edit Pro.? Why?

Please share some light on this, Its dark in here.

caveman

Re: Samplitude or Cool Edit Pro?

Samplitude is a high end pro quality tool that can also give you multi track editing. It even makes the playback of audio sound better than other software on the same machine using the same hardware. Must be the 32 bit floating stuff or something. Cool edit however has some nice batch script features though and is easier to learn to use. If your willing to learn to use it and pay for it, Samplitude is probably the better quality product for effects and processing.
    Later

David Govett

Dave

Thanks for sharing some light!

Dave

Got samplitude I love it!!! Its hard at first but am starting to like it. How would you use it with Giga?

If you had Cakewalk, Samplitude and Giga how would you use it? How would you route these and use them?

Also how well does Samplitude work with Giga on the same machine?

Caveman

Hi Dave:

I was wondering what you would choose for a sound editor, mostly for recording and looping new samples. Wavelab or Soundforge? (Or other?)

Thanks.

Is Samplitude or other such products simply a replacement for the functionality of the Gst Editor?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Govett:
    Samplitude is a high end pro quality tool that can also give you multi track editing. It even makes the playback of audio sound better than other software on the same machine using the same hardware. Must be the 32 bit floating stuff or something. Cool edit however has some nice batch script features though and is easier to learn to use. If your willing to learn to use it and pay for it, Samplitude is probably the better quality product for effects and processing.
    Later

David Govett
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by csduke:
    [B]Is Samplitude or other such products simply a replacement for the functionality of the Gst Editor?

Csduke, no i think what dave means is its one of the best Wave Editors out there. It would not replace Gigastudio\'s Editor as the Giga Editor is used to edit the actual samples velocity, response, creating your own samples via triggering the keyboard etc.

Caveman

Why isn\'t Sound Forge on your list, Caveman?

That\'s my personal winner.

Hey Martin

Yes your right Sound Forge!!! I have used it before and is a wonderfull product. It also has many deep options. I just tried to answer the above questions on what Dave meant.

I also think Cool Edit, Wavelab (especially for MP3 is good. But I am now using Samplitude and love it. All a matter of preference and what you feel comfortable with. Just as long as your project sounds good!!

Sincerely

Caveman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    Why isn\'t Sound Forge on your list, Caveman?

That\'s my personal winner.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I checked the SEK\'D website. It looks like Samplitude is not available anymore...

Go Back to forum