• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Release date for Giga3

Share/Bookmark

Release date for Giga3

I know there are a lot of impatient people out there wondering when V3 will be released...Anyone know WHEN ???

Mal

Re: Release date for Giga3

I\'m waiting too. Tascam site is the less updated one I\'ve never seen

Shouldn\'t be too long, My partner (writing!!) has been working with a BETA version for the last few weeks and says the unlimited polyphony aspect of 3 is the most impressive so far. He hasn\'t used GigaPulse yet but at least we know the beast is out there

Looks like we will have to be patient....but surely Tascam should give an approximate date ???

I think I heard they were waiting for a 300 Gigabyte Ram Hard Drive to hit the market in order to optimize streaming for version 3.0. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Bruce check with your pal and see if he can confirm Win2000 is running GS3. Tascam won\'t commit, they just tell me they are \"writing for XP only\", but as we all know they are pretty similar at the kernal level.

Noel

GS3 will ship at the end of June. Windows 2000 may launch but is not supported.

-jl (TASCAM guy)

really ?

Do you know how it will be possible to upgrade GS160? I will pay in dollar with my credit card from Tascam site or I can upgrade it from the store in Italy where I bought it ?

Update Prices are here:

http://www.tascamgiga.com/pricing.php

[ QUOTE ]
    GS3 will ship at the end of June. Windows 2000 may launch but is not supported.

-jl (TASCAM guy)

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe it anymore... april, may, now june....
    It\'s obvious IMO that Tascam have big problems in making GS3 a stable, reliable thing.
    And they have returned to their old demon : no tranparency, no communication, as in the good old times of : \"connexant wavestream error ? don\'t know what it is !\".
    I was first very enthusiastic after Namm\'s annoucement, but my enthusiasm is getting a bit cold, and replaced with suspicion.

Go Back to forum