• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Orchestration Contest!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO Orchestration Contest!!!!!!

I just got my June copy of Electronic Musician magazine and there\'s a full page ad announcing the GPO Orchestration Contest. The grand prize winner will have their composition or work performed live by a full symphony orchestra and broadcast worldwide on the internet.
    Wow! Way to go, Gary!

JT

Re: GPO Orchestration Contest!!!!!!

how is it possible this is nor in garritan.com neither here? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

/me wants more info

Yea...me too...I wanna know. But wait...is Francesco entering?

Yeah, if Francesco is entering I won\'t even bother. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

What page was that on? I must have missed it.

It\'s on page 77 of the June 2004 issue. It\'s called an orchestration contest, not a composition contest. Makes me think that the entries could be original compositions or arrangements of existing pieces. Gary, can you add some details?

Even though the grand prize winner gets this live performance, I think we\'re all winners by having the opportunity to use these great tools.

JT

I think that would make the most sense, in terms of being fair, to have everyone do their own version of an existing classical piece, or perhaps an expansion of something really simple. A full orchestra version of \"Three Blind Mice\"? I imagine it\'d be easier to judge that than the merits of original compositions, which is so subjective and personal to taste.

Let me say with full confidence and from the heart sincerely, that you should all enter the contest regardless. From what I\'ve had the pleasure to hear I would say any one of you have an excellent chance. Francesco may be considered the best by all of you but my guess is that he would agree he is part of a special group of musicians that deserve a chance like this. I would personally be disappointed if even just one of you did not submit! The way I see it all of you have the upper hand already knowing the program and its abilities!
    So I say to you with my heart felt convictions ... \"GO FOR IT! Live is not a dress rehearsal\"!
    Can you imagine? This is the chance of a life time. This is what you\'ve been dreaming of all along! And now Gary has made it a possibility. Quite a guy, right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Is it possible to view the article on line?

If not....

WHERE ARE YOU GARY?!? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

hehe, why do you fill us with such suspense! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

- Junk

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me say with full confidence and from the heart sincerely, that you should all enter the contest regardless. From what I\'ve had the pleasure to hear I would say any one of you have an excellent chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree.

But I also agree that Francesco is still the odds-on favorite! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum