• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Newest GPO Production

Share/Bookmark

My Newest GPO Production

Well, it\'s only the first three minutes or so, but I\'m liking how it\'s coming along. I need to add more percussion, I think.

The piece is entitled \"The Stone King\" and can be downloaded here!

This was recorded entirely from Finale 2003a. I am starting to get the hang of the graphical MIDI controllers.

Re: My Newest GPO Production

Foss,

I was really into it and then it started to stutter toward the end. I loaded it again and the same thing happened in the same part toward the end when the Frenchies come in. Other than that and from what I heard, it\'s going to be another GPO greatest of the greats!
    More percussion? Why? They\'re always sleeping anyway![img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Again... such talent on this forum. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks. I downloaded it just now and didn\'t hear the skipping. Of course you may be referring to the brass steadily increasing percussive two-measure section. I probably need to articulate this with stacatto markings to make it more crisp.

No Foss, now that you replied I think it may have been something with my new laptop at work. I would try it here but I just can\'t get myself to download on dial up anymore. Our Linex system at work will download for example an 8 mb file in nearly a minute or less. I\'ll try listening again tomorrow afternoon.
    Regardless, your piece sould be considered for entry in the contest. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just might do it!

Go Back to forum