• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Better "Space Aria?"

Share/Bookmark

A Better \"Space Aria?\"

Thanks to everyone who commented on my first try.

I have taken many of your ideas to heart. I spent some time re-mixing and I also added a little more reverb. I also wrote a short intro, as I always thought I needed to set the stage for the vocal sample.

Here it is!

I hope it is better, but be honest.

http://www.hopkinsmusic.com/Space%20Aria%202.mp3

Re: A Better \"Space Aria?\"

Ahhhhh yeahhhh that\'s it... nice balance and mix with the vocal. Better, much better. She isn\'t so dry and up front sounding as before. You did a very nice job of mixing in such a short amount of time. I envy you!
    By the way, I am interested in a good vocal lib and trying to muster enough extra funds to make a purchase. I thought this was Diva? Yes? No?
    Excuse me while I listen to this awesome work again ... and again ... and again.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Beautiful, Paul!

Dubaefox, This is really lovely…relaxing and dreamy. The mix is very good now.

Congratulations.

Yeah Paul, you\'ve got it now....very nice indeed.....I actually prefer it with the intro too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Frank

Very, Very good.
    Great mixing. Nice musical form. The piece has a very complete feel to it.

Good job. Send more please [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, I had to listen to this again on my monitors just to make sure I was being fare with my first critique. I played the first sample on a set of Behringers Truths and then on Alesis followed by a set of Mackies. Each set of monitors confirmed my first evaluation of the mix. But, I have to say not as extreme! Next, I played your remix version and no comparison. Hands down it was much improved! I was really blown away with your composition after hearing it on good monitors.
    Just thought I would share this with you.
    Now let\'s hear more![img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

You may attach a file to this post while editing.
    Hey Mugsy. Maybe we can break outa here then if he does attach one.

Thanks for your comments everybody!

Wow styxx! Huge thanks for your input from A/B\'ing the mix over three different sets of monitors. It is so helpful to know that it sounds good, but also consistent.

I have only had my Mackie 824\'s for about five months so still feel like I am learning them. Your comments are instilling my confidence in them. (What type of Mackies are you using Styxx?)

The vocal sample is from Spectrasonics, \"Symphony of Voices\"

Yes this is waaay nicer than before! What a pretty song! Very nice!

HR 624\'s, my partner with the main studio is going monitor crazy lately and I have the pleasure of trying what he buys. I have noticed though there are quite some similarities with the Mackies and the Behringers as far as the rear controls and I/O\'s are concerned. Makes me wonder if they are buying components from the same supplier(s).
    Nice music - I listened to it again this morning here at work. Two thumbs up!

Go Back to forum