• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Hammerfall that much better?

Is Hammerfall that much better?

I have a Echo Mona, and If I try to lower the buffer below 7ms, this start popping and crackling. I\'ve read that the Hammerfall cards can consitiently do 1.5ms. Is this true? Or hype?

I\'m trying to get my buffer down as low as possible so that I can use FX Teleport. Right now my buffer plus FXs delay is just too much.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is Hammerfall that much better?

I\'ve just upgraded to a HDSP 9632 from an audiophile for the same reason (latency) Will be putting it into a new dedicated Giga computer(P4 3,2Ghz, 2GB corsair LL ram, raptor HD\'s, P4PC800-E mb) Will be a while before it is all together, but will let you know how good the hammerfall is when completed.

I use a Hammerfall HDSP 9652 in a Dell Dimension 3.06 ghz and it sounds excellent and the latency is actually 1.0 ms

Hi there!

The Hammerfall is a very good card, because it uses very good DACs, and also has superior drivers in my opinion. The latest driver development also support GSIF 2.
    The RME Hammerfall 9632, has had many positive reviews and the Hammerfall HDSP 9652/9632/Multiface/Digiface all have been working with real low latency. The Hammerfalls are also more forgiving with Motherboard chipset configurations, therefore not being as picky with regards to compatibility. I would highly recommend the RME line for stability, excellent sound quality and low latency.

Thanks for the advice guys (and for the potential future advice). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum