• Register
  • Help

Topic: msgrv32.dll !!!

Share/Bookmark

msgrv32.dll !!!

Hi
    I have a major problem with gigasampler64. It worked for weeks, but now I can\'t even use it anymore. Once I install gigasampler, I get this message when booting; \"msgrv32.dll has caused a failure in devon32.dll\". Then I have to reboot, and the same failure occurs the next time i reboot, and the next, and the next....

What do I do? I tried uppgrading from win98 to winME, but it doesn\'t help.

My PC: athlon 1200 mhz, 256 RAM, SBLive , 20GB HD, Asus a7v-e mainboard.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

Re: msgrv32.dll !!!

That devcon32.dll is directly related to the SoundBlaster Live driver installation. Some other folks on the forum have overcome this. Try a search on \"devcon32.dll\" on this forum and it should get you the answers you need.

check my post on Cubase.net, distilling the mash of msg32.DLL - not an answer, just that you are not alone.
    jamiha <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Plundrik:
    Hi
    I have a major problem with gigasampler64. It worked for weeks, but now I can\'t even use it anymore. Once I install gigasampler, I get this message when booting; \"msgrv32.dll has caused a failure in devon32.dll\". Then I have to reboot, and the same failure occurs the next time i reboot, and the next, and the next....

What do I do? I tried uppgrading from win98 to winME, but it doesn\'t help.

My PC: athlon 1200 mhz, 256 RAM, SBLive , 20GB HD, Asus a7v-e mainboard.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated! Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don\'t have any SB so my error message is somewhat different from yours, however it still is a msgrv32.dll problem.

If you clicked \"close it\" you\'ll never get rid of it; my solution was to click \"ignore\" and THEN reboot.

The msgrv32.dll is something Giga can\'t do without, but something I don\'t want to live with. It even causes my Netscape to crash sometimes. And h*ll with the msg32.dll; I got serious system crash under W2K because of it - I knew it was because of it, for everytime I closed it with the task manager, the system wouldn\'t crash.

Arys Chien

Hello Plundrik and others,

There has been a long running problem that GigaStudio customers have been complaining about. The problem seems to move around, but we have noticed an increase in frequency as of late. It turns out that the faster the system, the more likely you may have this problem. The good news is that the problem is cleaned up in v2.5 of GigaStudio (build 46 or later).

Here is the problem (only an issue on 9x/ME systems): On booting up Windows, you will see a white error box with the message MSGSRV32 has caused a fault ... . It may not happen every time, it may only happen once every other boot or once a month. There will be an \"Close\' and \'Ignore\' button on a white error box. If you hit the close button you will get another Windows message box, and if you hit the \'Details\' button then you will see that wstream.dll is the faulting component. If you hit \'Ignore\' a couple of times when you first get the white MSGSRV32 error box ... sometimes, not all, Windows will let you in.

It is important to note that there is a MSGSRV32 error that is also caused by a combination of us and some version of Creative SBMixer software. This error is cause by the Devcon32.dll. This is a different problem, and this user forum has a solution. Just do a search on \"devcon32.dll\" You basically have to hand replace some of the Creative faulty software. I mention this, just so we don\'t confuse the two problems.

If you have the first problem, then you will need to get yourself updated to v2.5. Because you can only upgrade if they have a working GigaStudio, it might be a bit tricky getting yourself updated, so follow these instructions:

1. If you can reboot your system and get into Windows without the message box, then upgrade immediately. Remember, the patch will not run if you boot up into Windows, get the MSGSRV32 error, and hit ignore. You need to get into windows successfully without the error message - safe mode doesn\'t count.

2. If you can\'t successfully do #1 (although I think about 99% of the users with this problem will be able to do the first step), then we have a hotfix. We will try and make it available soon via the web, if you need it before then respond to this post and we can have one sent to you.

Hope this helps,
    Kevin

Go Back to forum