• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GOSlite installation

Share/Bookmark

GOSlite installation

I am about to install GOS lite and giga sampler le. Ezz there anyting I should do, know, or prepare before hand? Like, should I do jumping jacks or run around the block four times? Is this posta go to a pacific folder or will it render one on its thrown?
    These and more questions I realize are fairly stupid. But, you must remember I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Or, is that the knifeist sharp in my drawers?
    Anywho, I would much appreciate a note of confirmation as to me needing a rubber room. (also, if the GPO blowling league started yet)
    Thanks.
    I have a tummy feeling no one weawy hairs![img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

By the way. My wife says I need a vacation. She bought me a one way ticket to Antarctica but didn\'t pack any warm clothes. I think she\'s trying to tell me something, no? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: GOSlite installation

GigaStudio/Sampler likes to see a folder called Gigs on your HDD, create one and copy and paste the GOS lite files into that...

Then have fun!

To my dismay, no matter what I tried, Giga and GPS lite would not load. Almost as if my PC and or windows was refusing to recognize it as a valid program. I swear, the more updates Microsoft installs the more problems I face.
    I am exhausted trying to learn these composition tools and PC garbage at the same time. I need my own personal IT tech!
    Anyone have a clue?
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Is it that they wouldn\'t install or that they will not start up now that they\'re installed. What soundcard are you using? Gigastudio has to have specific drivers installed to work and only some soundcards are compatible. This could be the issue if it is installed but not working. Also, what version of Windows are you running and what version of Gigastudio is it. Windows XP needs Giga 2.54 I believe to work. GOS Lite should install without Gigastudio on the machine (of course you won\'t be able to use it without it.)

Morning Joe!

[ QUOTE ]
    Windows XP needs Giga 2.54 I believe to work.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I\'m not sure if this is the 2.54 version cause I am at school now (work).

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it that they wouldn\'t install or that they will not start up now that they\'re installed.

[/ QUOTE ] They won\'t install. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Gigastudio has to have specific drivers installed to work and only some soundcards are compatible.

[/ QUOTE ] Geezz! Ya only need one driver to drive a car! What\'s with this computer world that we need so many drivers for everything? After installing them all there\'s no room for anything else! Well, if you are referring to ASIO or whatever. I believe there in there (like the sauce).

Gigastudio needs GSIF drivers to work. Most Pro soundcards have them (Audiophile, Hammerfall), but average consumer cards like Soundblaster or Turtle Beach do not. This should have no bearing on it installing though. Does the install software start up when you put the CD in? Does the install software run at all? Is it a matter of not being able to locate the software after the install software runs? I\'ll help you get to the bottom of this if I can.

[ QUOTE ]
    Gigastudio needs GSIF drivers to work. Most Pro soundcards have them (Audiophile, Hammerfall), but average consumer cards like Soundblaster or Turtle Beach do not.

[/ QUOTE ] I have SoundBlaster Audigy 2 installed. So this is why the Tascam F-1884 would not install either then right? Giga is a Tascam product yes? This means I must download the driver from Tascam? Oh boy...the last time I tried to get something out of them was totally discouraging! It took a whole month before they returned any of my inquiries. I wound up selling it. Let\'s hope it\'s a different situation with Giga.

[ QUOTE ]
    Does the install software start up when you put the CD in?

[/ QUOTE ] Nope!

[ QUOTE ]
    Does the install software run at all?

[/ QUOTE ] Nope! CD just spins it\'s merry way in the bay.

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it a matter of not being able to locate the software after the install software runs?

[/ QUOTE ] Found it with the install program in control but will not run in install.

Thanks again I really appreciate this.

The Audigy will not work with Giga at all. There are no GSIF drivers for the Audigy as far as I am aware. Do you have Kontakt (the full version?) I know you were talking about it. If you have that I recommend using it rather than Giga instead of investing in another soundcard. I don\'t know what the Tascam hardware is you mentioned. Is that a soundcard or piece of external hardware? Which install software isn\'t running, GOS lite or Giga? Since you have an Audigy I don\'t think your going to get Giga to run anyway. If it\'s a matter of your CD not auto-running the install software, you just need to go to My Computer find your CD drive and right click on it. Select Explore. You should get a new window of what is on the drive. Double click on the install software and it should start running. Does GOS lite even have an install program? You may just need to make a folder on your hard drive and copy it there (Call it GOS lite or something.) Unless you get a different soundcard, Giga isn\'t going to work with the Audigy anyway. You may have to invest in an Audiophile or something (you\'ll get better performance out of GPO too!) We may want to take this outside of the forum.

Thanks again Joe.

Well that seems to settle it. I will have to wait for a while to get the full Kontakt player. As for investing in another sound card, maybe. I told the techs who put this together initially I had no desire for SoundBlaster! Sometimes they look at you like you have six eyes or something.
    I am going to try GOS lite install again when I get home. Come to think of it I didn\'t really follow through.
    Thanks again.

Styxx,

Sorry I forgot to mention the GSIF card, I thought you already had one, yes this is exactly what is causing your stalls... the good news... GSIF (GigaStudioInterFace) cards are going for super cheap on eBay, I got my last one, with 8-in, 8-out analog audio and GSIF drivers for $250...

Go Back to forum