• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: UPDATE! Writing For Strings!

Share/Bookmark

UPDATE! Writing For Strings!

Fellow Learners,

We\'re closing in quickly on our June 1 deadline. So pre-register for Writing For Strings/LMB at the lower price now at:
    http://www.truespec.com/store/books/courses/writingforstrings/index.shtml
    http://www.truespec.com/store/books/rimsky/index.shtml

Here\'s a quick update.

1. By the end of Friday, May 21, 14 revised lessons will have been posted.
    2. 15 scores (some complete, others with specific movements selected for study), PDFed and bookmarked have been added to the materials. These come with the lessons, so there\'s nothing extra to buy. These post around June 1. Scores include:

Three complete Mozart string quartets and 1 Mozart String Quintet
    Debussy String Quartet
    Jeux de vagues (Revised and bookmarked)
    Mozart Symphony 41
    Ravel, Rhapsodie Espagnole
    Rimsky Korsakov, Sheherazade
    Respighi, Fountains of Rome
    Wagner, Parsifal Overture
    Stravinsky, Petrushka
    Stravinsky, Rite of Spring
    Holst, The Planets
    Tchaikovsky, Symphony #4

All of the scores have been recorded on low cost budget recording labels.

3. BOWING VIDEOS ON CD
    In June, we\'re releasing with the Writing For Strings/LMB materials only, a CD with QuickTime movies demonstrating bowings. This is the ONLY training program with these kinds of videos.

4. LIVE STUDENT STRING SESSION RECORDING
    Two weeks ago we recorded a live student string session which will be edited and available by June 1 as an MP3 file. This is a true eye/ear opener that you\'ll learn a lot from.

There\'s more coming. So pre-register now at the lower price of $149.00.

andyt

Re: UPDATE! Writing For Strings!

Hi

Nearly at the point of ordering, Just a few more questions.

All class materials are downloadable, right ?
    1) The set text is also downloadable, but a 845 page PDF is gonna be big.
    How big ? And if it is too big to download on my 56k link, how much extra will you charge to post a CD version to the UK ?

2) I know I\'ve asked this before, but is it really necessary to own a solo string library. From your own website I\'ll quote this ... \"This class works with any major sample library, especially the Garritan Personal Orchestra, EW Silver, and Opus 1.\" As far as I\'m aware neither Opus or Soliver EW have solo strings (okay a few in Silver). I have GOS and GOLD EW. So I know you\'ve recommended solo strings ... but I won\'t be writing for solo strings, and I\'m unlikely to take up the option of having it performed by a real ensemble. Surely with GOS and EW I\'ll have enough articulations ?

Thanks

Will you be emailing us when its up, or is it the same place/pass as before?

cheers!

[ QUOTE ]
    Will you be emailing us when its up, or is it the same place/pass as before?

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

You\'re getting an e-mail some time today.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi

Nearly at the point of ordering, Just a few more questions.

All class materials are downloadable, right ?
    1) The set text is also downloadable, but a 845 page PDF is gonna be big.
    How big ? And if it is too big to download on my 56k link, how much extra will you charge to post a CD version to the UK ?

2) I know I\'ve asked this before, but is it really necessary to own a solo string library. From your own website I\'ll quote this ... \"This class works with any major sample library, especially the Garritan Personal Orchestra, EW Silver, and Opus 1.\" As far as I\'m aware neither Opus or Soliver EW have solo strings (okay a few in Silver). I have GOS and GOLD EW. So I know you\'ve recommended solo strings ... but I won\'t be writing for solo strings, and I\'m unlikely to take up the option of having it performed by a real ensemble. Surely with GOS and EW I\'ll have enough articulations ?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Let\'s start first with shipping. Download what you can, everything else we put on CDs and ship to you Internationally for $12US. Arrives in about a week. In the US, I think the cost is $5.95 for ground shipping.

About the solo strings...it really depends on your goals. If you\'re doing this for yourself, and you\'re not planning to write for \"live\" players, then you have plenty. BUT! If at some point your goals change and you decide you want to write for real players, then consider going back and doing some of the assignments with solo strings, becuase you\'ll still have all the materials you need to guide you.

How you approach this is totally up to your personal goals.

Peter,

The link on your page to download the free brochure is broken.

[ QUOTE ]
    Peter,

The link on your page to download the free brochure is broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was working this afternoon. I\'ll have my son fix it ASAP. Meanwhile, send me your e-mail address and I\'ll send it to you.

Thanks for the heads up.

andyt

Just ordered.
    Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
    Just ordered.
    Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I see! You\'ll have a great time. Just remember, anytime you have a question on the materials, write me at lacomposers@msn.com. Caroline will send you the links later today (Saturday) PST.

[ QUOTE ]

Let\'s start first with shipping. Download what you can, everything else we put on CDs and ship to you Internationally for $12US. Arrives in about a week. In the US, I think the cost is $5.95 for ground shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Peter, I was just wondering what the shipping cost into Canada would be. Seems like it would be somewhere between the US rate and the international rate. When I\'ve received regular mail shipments from the US before, the stamp on the envelope is always about $5 but I\'ve been charged up to $15 for shipping, which seems a bit high.

Are there any printed materials or would I get everything by downloading?

Thanks for the info.

Brian

Go Back to forum