• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite - Giga or AKAI with VSampler??

Share/Bookmark

GOS Lite - Giga or AKAI with VSampler??

I\'m wondering if the AKAI version of GOS Lite might be more useful for me than the Giga. As I understand it (if I even do!), the Giga version can only be used with either the full version of Kontakt or with a version of Gigasampler itself, neither of which I have nor can I afford right now. But I do already have the VSampler which came with another program I have, and as I think I understand it, the AKAI samples should work in that. Perhaps the Giga ones will, too?

Re: GOS Lite - Giga or AKAI with VSampler??

The current version of VSampler can import Giga files, though not with complete functionality. At least that\'s my understanding. I\'ve had success with opening a few cheap Giga format sounds.

I\'ve made up my mind to order GOS soon, and to at least try it with VSampler. I\'ll let everyone know how it works. (If it doesn\'t, I can always buy Kontakt later.)

Okay, I got a chance to try it, and the GOS Lite Giga samples do work in VSampler (sound great, too!), but I\'m not sure yet if the keyswitching works. More futzing needed!

Hi,

after importing \"GOS Lite\" in \"VSampler\" 3.1b4, keyswitching is working well here.
    The only thing is that \"VSampler\" set the key to others than the specified keys in the \"GOS Lite\" manual.

If one does not like the keys \"VSampler\" uses (they are per default pretty low on the keyboard) it is not difficult and does not take much time to reorganise your own combinations of instruments as you have access to every single instrument with \"GOS lite\".

1. Import one single instrument of \"GOS lite\" and define it as a zone-group.

2. Import an other instrument of \"GOS Lite\" in VSampler.

3. Select all the zones of the new instrument and copy and paste them in the first instrument that will be the \"kombi-Instrument\".
    (There is a copy and past function for selected zones within the context menu in the zone menu!)
    You just have to take care that when pasting, it goes to the right place, it is easy to do because all the zones are selected and you can move them together.

4. Define the just imported zones as a new zone-group.
    (As after importing, they are already selected, you dont even have to select them, you just have to give a name)

5. Now in the extended Zone menu, you can easily define a switch key for every zone-group you have created.

If it sound a little bit complicated, it is not really complicated and this can be made in a few seconds ;-)

Regards

Well, it does sound complicated, but I\'m sure I\'ll figure it out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Many thanks for the info. I guess I\'m all set with GOS Lite in VSampler. Yahoo!

This is encouraging news. I took the plunge and ordered GOS yesterday. (Getting my birthday present early!) I\'ll be trying it in VSampler and reporting on how it works. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by teacue
    Hi,

after importing \"GOS Lite\" in \"VSampler\" 3.1b4, keyswitching is working well here.
    The only thing is that \"VSampler\" set the key to others than the specified keys in the \"GOS Lite\" manual.

If one does not like the keys \"VSampler\" uses (they are per default pretty low on the keyboard) it is not difficult and does not take much time to reorganise your own combinations of instruments as you have access to every single instrument with \"GOS lite\".

1. Import one single instrument of \"GOS lite\" and define it as a zone-group.

2. Import an other instrument of \"GOS Lite\" in VSampler.

3. Select all the zones of the new instrument and copy and paste them in the first instrument that will be the \"kombi-Instrument\".
    (There is a copy and past function for selected zones within the context menu in the zone menu!)
    You just have to take care that when pasting, it goes to the right place, it is easy to do because all the zones are selected and you can move them together.

4. Define the just imported zones as a new zone-group.
    (As after importing, they are already selected, you dont even have to select them, you just have to give a name)

5. Now in the extended Zone menu, you can easily define a switch key for every zone-group you have created.

If it sound a little bit complicated, it is not really complicated and this can be made in a few seconds ;-)

Regards
    It works! I wish I could use a switch key with GPO instruments within VSampler.
    Thanks a lot for the tip.
    sfiks

Go Back to forum