• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't install on my new machine

Share/Bookmark

Can\'t install on my new machine

Arrgh - I finally got a nice new 1.4ghz machine and a 2nd GSt license to match, and I can\'t install it!

It gets as far as the reboot and restart. After the restart, there\'s no Nemesys program group - strange. If I try to run the program anyway, it goes through configuration and building the quicksound database. Then - crash! Illegal operation in kernel32. I\'ve uninstalled and reinstalled; always the same crash.

Anybody else seen this? Anybody know how to fix it?

Re: Can\'t install on my new machine

Are you running Win 9x? Check to see if you have a line in your SYSTEM.INI file under the [386Enh] section that looks something like this:

DEVICE=C:\\PROGRA~1\\NEMESYS\\GSTUDIO\\VRTKRNLD.VX D

If that\'s missing, that would cause the crash you are experiencing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killerbobjr:
    Are you running Win 9x? Check to see if you have a line in your SYSTEM.INI file under the [386Enh] section that looks something like this:

DEVICE=C:\\PROGRA~1\\NEMESYS\\GSTUDIO\\VRTKRNLD.VX D

If that\'s missing, that would cause the crash you are experiencing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It\'s win98se, and yes, that line is in system.ini.

A7V133, 768mb ram, virtual memory disabled, Hammerfall 9652.

It strikes me as very odd that the Nemesys program group doesn\'t show up.

One thing I tried was to install the 2.20.42 patch after the first install fails to work. That causes the Nemesys program group to appear, but ... still the same crash.

I think the next thing will be to wipe the disk and reinstall Windows etc. from scratch. Ugh.

The problem was that I had renamed some directories that came from Akai cd\'s originally. I guess GSt doesn\'t like that.

Go Back to forum