• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another QLSO Piece....Joe Hisaishi influence

Share/Bookmark

Another QLSO Piece....Joe Hisaishi influence

Hi, again. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

This is a piece was made using QLSO Gold. I adore Joe Hisaishi\'s work, and somewhat followed many themes he\'s done throughout many of his movies. I didn\'t put piano in this mix, cause it just didn\'t seem to fit, even though I know Hisaishi is BIG on pianos in his mixes. This has more of \"Spirited Away\" styles. Listen, comments, egg throwing....?! Thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.hudsonstudios.net/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20A%20Summer%20Dream.mp3

Jared Hudson

Re: Another QLSO Piece....Joe Hisaishi influence

Love it. Some of the sustained violins could be slightly more legato.

Very nice. Definitely conjures up images of Anime activity. Interesting that piano didn\'t work. I can hear piano in several places, particularly at the key change after the first cymbal swell.

Thanks for the comments so far. I do agree that the legato isn\'t as smooth as it should be. My fault for not adding some key switches in there. I don\'t know what I was thinking. As for the piano, I\'m not sure if it was the sample that I didn\'t like, or just being in the composition. Right now, I only have gigapiano, but when mixed properly, it ain\'t bad. The way the song was progressing, I just didn\'t see the need to throw it in. I know it\'s a little daring to call something \"Hisaishi\" influenced without a piano! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jared

Hi Jared!

I like it very much!
    Did you apply some additional reverb to the instruments, or is this the original sound of GOLD?

Best,
    Michael

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi Jared!

I like it very much!
    Did you apply some additional reverb to the instruments, or is this the original sound of GOLD?

Best,
    Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael,

This is 95% of what Gold sounds like. I added an EVER SO SLIGHT amount of lexicon reverb, but all in all, it really doesn\'t need it. That is why I love QLSO so much. The ease of mixing, instrument placement, and depth is pretty much automated. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] VSL is awesome, but you need a lot more knowledge in mixing techniques in order to get the depth of the orchestra. If not, it\'ll be dry, or sound like a \"wall of sound\". Anyways, thanks!

Jared

Very cool, & very well done. Reminded me a bit of what Howard Shore did for Hobbiton in LOTR.

You might be able to mimick a better legato sound by \"underlapping\" each note with the previous one, i.e. drag the start times of each legato violin note before the end of the one before. It works for the most part.

I liked. I liked a lot. I wonder if Silver can do something similar. Hmm...
    O.

Go Back to forum