• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Sketch#2 (Zimmertime)

Sketch#2 (Zimmertime)

Hi All !

I had severe computertroubles last week (broken PSU), so I wasn\'t able to drop by.
    Fixed it yesterday and started working on my next piece.

This time, no sweet tunes, but an attempt to produce some Hollywood kinda thing.
    Mind you, it\'s only a rough sketch... hence the name [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color=\"brown\">--&gt; Sketch#2 &lt;--</font>

<ul type=\"square\"> GPO
    Violins I Sus+Short
    Violins II Sus+Short
    Violas Sus+Short &amp; Shortbows
    Cellos Sus+Short &amp; Shortbows
    Basses Sus+Short &amp; Shortbows

FHorn1 Ens1-3
    FHorn2 Ens1-3
    FHorn Overlay F &amp; FF

Steinberg A1

Various Stomps &amp; Anvils [/list]
    <ul type=\"square\"> Garritan Ambience
    Concert Hall 2[/list]

Enjoy !

Re: Sketch#2 (Zimmertime)

Great Writing!

I love how every instrument you use is important. Quite simple in terms of orchestration but everything belong and contibutes to the aural atmosphere.

Excellent transition (ritardando) into the faster theme and back again. Effortless.

Very Hollywood.

Hamburg, Germany

Hi Ron,

very cool, it definitely has that hollywood flair and could be easily added to a fine cue. Add some of the new articulations from the comming update (*hint*) and that\'s it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That one for my \"gpo users\" folder..

Excellent work can\'t wait to hear more. Question : you seam to have two different reverbs going at the same time or are my ears decieving me. If so how did you accomplish that seeing you can only use one type of abience reverb at a time and what kind of sequencer did you use? The reason i\'m asking is that on some tunes I might want just a little reverb on some instruments to bring them more up front or more reverb to set them back as you did with your drums and or percussion . The only way I know do this is to mix each track to a seperate wave then use plug in reverbs. Thanks for any info.

Very nice, Ron. I really like this piece.

-- Martin

UK- teeming with life....

I\'m getting this message, \"Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline\" when I click on the link. I don\'t get it elsewhere.

I\'m getting the same error message Frank.

Frank, John,

Did you try by right clicking on the link? It is downloading fine here.

I dig it a lot! The only thing that I didn\'t like too much is that the intro sounded a little bit like Chariots of Fire. It sounded like it would fit great in a 1980\'s action film. Then the rest kicked in and I heard Phantom of the Opera/ Sarah Brightman-ish and then some good old Zimmer Pirates O\' the Caribbean action sequence stuff. I really liked it though, good job!

UK- teeming with life....

Thanks a lot Anton for your help. Stupidly I never thought of right clicking!

Even when you right click you can\'t \'open\' you have to \'save target as\' and then click \'open\' after completion of download; but I got there thanks to you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You\'re very prolific and yet I haven\'t heard a bad one yet. I like this a lot. I like the kind of Vangelis morphing into the sort of celtic stomp near the end. The bass sound reminded me a lot of an Yamaha FB01 module I had (the first affordable 4 operator FM module for those of us who couldn\'t afford the DX7!). It had terrific \'Rubber\' bases like this...FM seems good at these sort of sounds,

The whole piece sounds very authentic if you know what I mean.....ie it doesn\'t sound as if it\'s produced in a home studio on a budget! Really professional sound and production. The MIDI is also seasoned to cordon bleu standards too.....

Thanks for sharing your sound and production setup too........

I would be proud to enter one of your throwaways in the competition!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum