• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Michael Moore wins best film at Cannes!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Michael Moore wins best film at Cannes!!!!!!!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    This ought to piss off all the NRA members that hate Michael Moore!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Look out for the next wave of French bashers. (same people that hate Michael Moore anyway)

Re: Michael Moore wins best film at Cannes!!!!!!!!!!

As a member of the NRA, I would disagree that most if it\'s members hate Michael Moore. The guy has his opinions and he\'s free to express them.

I interpret his big showing at Cannes as an indication that a lot of people there agreed with his views.

As an artist, I\'m a bit disappointed. I would\'ve liked to have seen something a little more on the artistic side take best film, though it does reflect the times in which we live.

Re: Michael Moore wins best film at Cannes!!!!!!!!

Who\'s to say his film isn\'t artistic? Don\'t discount it just because it\'s a documentary.

Don\'t forget to tell Bush that the president of the jury is... American.

Please.

Thanks.

The majority of the jury was non french. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

How can you criticize a movie before seeing it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It\'s going to be hard now to keep this movie off the american screens [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I agree Mr. Caumette, you cannot judge a film without having seen it, even if you already know the guy who made it is thoroughly dishonest. If you can believe this, I greatly anticipate seeing this film. And when I do, I will try to give it a fair appraisal. And as I\'m sure we all know here, we\'ll flesh out all the pros and cons in great detail on these forums! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Get some rest now while you can, \'cause the fur\'s probably gonna fly on these forums once this hits theaters! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    The majority of the jury was non french. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We won\'t hold that against them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    How can you criticize a movie before seeing it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can\'t. But you can comment on the track record of the filmaker. (Pro or Con).

[ QUOTE ]
    It\'s going to be hard now to keep this movie off the american screens [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie was NEVER going to be kept out of any theaters. Love him or hate him, you have to admit that Moore has pulled one of the sharpest PR moves of all time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Warning. Extreme statement ahead...

> \"even if you already know the guy who made it is thoroughly dishonest.\"

Occasionally, yes. Thoroughly, no.

[ QUOTE ]
    Warning. Extreme statement ahead...

> \"even if you already know the guy who made it is thoroughly dishonest.\"

Occasionally, yes. Thoroughly, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

When almost everything (or for that matter even half) said in a book or film is either exaggerated, grossly exaggerated, misleading, or an outright fabrication, then it\'s safe to say \"thoroughly dishonest\". I realize you disagree that there is this much present in his books and films, but that\'s only because you haven\'t studied them enough. When I first saw Bowling, there was a lot of stuff I didn\'t catch and just accepted as true, only later to realize just how much lying and deceiving was actually done in that movie. If you\'re only using your good sense, you\'ll catch about 10% (wild guess) of the distortions, which I think is why you say \"occasionally\". But if you dig further, you\'ll see that there\'s a LOT more. There\'s eventually a point at which you just lose all ability to take what the man says at face value.

I\'ve read much of the info at the links that you\'ve sent on the subject. Ho hum.

I get tired of the marginalization of messengers by people who don\'t like the message.

Take a look at the attacks on Scott Ritter, Joseph Wilson/Valerie Plame, Paul O\'Neill and Richard Clarke.

Discrediting the entirety of an individual is a common tactic for obscuring the truth.

Try a different tactic. You\'ve been outed on this one.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast