• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I compensate for GS's EQ and effects?

Share/Bookmark

How do I compensate for GS\'s EQ and effects?

Hi... I use GS 160 2.5 (upgraded to 2.54). As you probably know, the EQ and effects are less than stellar.

Is there a routing method available to return the Giga outputs to their main sequencer for further processing? I\'ve thought about capturing .wavs for each part but that could get a little complicated because of the number of tracks I typically use (15-25).

Thanks,
    Jon

Sonar 3.11
    GS 160
    Aardvark 24/96 Direct Pro (break out box... 4 in/6 out)

Re: How do I compensate for GS\'s EQ and effects?

Hi:
    I capture my \"virgin\" (no giga effects) work in GS. Then as a wave file I can use my wave editor to apply effects. Some times I make a separate capture for an instrument and process them separately, combining them in the wave editor. I leave an exact 1 beat soundless in Sonar, both at the start end at the end, then it synchonizes with no problems. Of course, you can not make changes to one and hope to synchronize. You have to be happy with all in Sonar before you capture. I also use many tracks, never found the need to process them ALL separately. Some of the affore mentioned virginity is also questionable, because for not so prominent tracks I use GS\'s effects. Maybe I am not sophisticated enough...
    Good luck.
    Ted

Re: How do I compensate for GS\'s EQ and effects?

Hi Ted,

Yeah like I said, capturing is probably more trouble than it\'s worth for me. I found a way to \"resend\" a stereo pair of GS samples through my breakout box but I\'m still limited in processing (did that make sense?). It\'s hard when you try to do all this internally without external mixing desks... I guess like the pros do? Guess I\'ll wait for GS3.

Thanks... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum