• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A couple of EWQL GOLD songs

A couple of EWQL GOLD songs

Hi, Thks to Lux for his webspace I am posting two songs, let me know what you think suggestion, etc... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This was done on a single P4 3,0 1 Gig ram.

Re: A couple of EWQL GOLD songs

Great tracks.

I really like the first half of Rainy Harbor.

Gold sounds great.

Get VSL performance set and layer it on top to get legato and more realism in those lush lines.

Stay Well,

Ivan... you know already [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...

I\'d like to focus my congratulations expecially on composition and orchestrating. e.g. ...on \"music\"...
    Two pieces that I\'ll put in my favourite playlist for sure.

great music!
    i also want to have gold [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Great stuff Ivan! You like James Horner!? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

IMO, at some positions, your orchestration need a little ballance between instruments on their levels in accordance with the \"space desing\"

Good luck for the contest Ivan!

Wow! thks a lot to everyone for such encouraging comments!

In fact I don\'t love horner specially, I am more Williams-Elfman-Poledouris maniac, but I just love film music, so every technique is welcome and of course influential [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And yes, as Lux commented to me, I still need to do some eq\'ing and \"spatialization\", I just wanted it to be as finished as possible by the end of the weekend but I will surely get some time to rework some things [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thks a lot Bernard, and good luck to you too, I found your demo awesome, you sure set the level high, wich is great since it made me work harder on the tunes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Excelent, Ivan! I really love these. Very lush and beautiful. Keep up the good work and you\'ll be doing very well.

Olomouc; Czech Republic

Very nice IVAN !
    reminds me some of Elfmans scores....

Thks again!...

And yep, It\'s a kind of \"Hommage\" to the dark epic scores that made me want to score for films, I just love so much some of the chords in it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And now I just need more computer power (and more scores to study hehe) !

Great stuff. If I were you I\'d spend more time writing (because I like what you write) and find someone else to worry about mixing, etc. There are some issues with \"quiter\" instruments overpowering stronger instruments while they are playing mf and up, but again, that\'s small stuff.

I\'d also like to hear some pieces where you develop a cental theme or motif.

Go Back to forum