• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale>Cubase/GPO problem: legato phrasing

Finale>Cubase/GPO problem: legato phrasing

Greetings all,

I am new to Cubase and GPO and an old hand at Finale. I am having trouble adding a MIDI track for sustain pedal data (for legato phrasing) in Cubase (1.051) to MIDI tracks that I have imported from a Finale score. I can add mod wheel data without a problem, and Cubase is definitely \"hearing\" my foot pedal and appears to record the foot pedal track, but when I play back the tracks I still get the tongued/bowed articulation. The strange thing is that I CAN add legato when I record the music directly into Cubase rather than importing it from Finale. If I record directly in Cubase using the sustain pedal or add a MIDI track for sustain data to a track I\'ve recorded directly it works fine, it just won\'t work with MIDI data from Finale.

I\'ve been careful to make sure that the pedal is set to \"No Sustain / Sustenuto operation, but MIDI controller\" in the GPO options and that I set the controller data track to the same channel/output as the instrument track. Any ideas? Is Finale exporting some data that is preventing me from adding my own phrasing?

I am very glad to have found this forum and I look forward to contributing when I have learned how to use this wonderful software.

P. Crosley

\"17 iMac G4 800/1GB
    OS X 10.3.3
    Finale 2004b/GPO Studio
    Cubase 1.051
    GPO 1.0.2

Orcas Island

Re: Finale>Cubase/GPO problem: legato phrasing

Hi Croz,

This is strange. Make sure that the MIDI channels are set correctly - in your sequencer and your keyboard. If this checks out, look in your event list to see if the MIDI data is being recorded in the same track and with CC#64 (sustain pedal).
    If this doesn\'t work we\'ll try Plan B.

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Re: Finale>Cubase/GPO problem: legato phrasing

I have no idea if this is the problem, but on more than one occasion when Finale was doing something strange and I was left scratching my head, Adam Burford would always ask me to check and make sure \"Human Playback\" was set to none. Usually it wasn\'t and usually that fixed it.

Go Back to forum