• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga upgrade

Share/Bookmark

Giga upgrade

I\'ve just bought the gst 160 upgrade cd. It doesn\'t come with any instructions, so can anybody tell me whether I just run this cd, or do I have to uninstall giga 96 first? Also the giga piano cd has a blue lable, is this an upgraded piano as well?
    Any help welcome.

Cheers

Simon

Re: Giga upgrade

My gut reaction would be to uninstall GS96...

You don\'t have to uninstall Giga 96. Just pop the CD in and it will update everything to 160. You won\'t loose any previous GIG performances either.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 12-19-2001).]

Apparently Allen over at the Tascam site says you have to uninstall 96 first..
    It\'s up on the gig users forum there..
    Brian

I don\'t very much that you have to uninstall GS 96 first of all... Tascam will undoubtedly use the age old trick of shipping exactly the same product as 160, but with a single parameter hardcoded to 96 controlling your polyphony... this will be why I once got a 128 polyphonic gigasampler when sent a special patch... GS 32/96/160 is just a marketting ploy... and an annoying one too. Why not just punt the same product and let my hardware decide how much polyphony I have???

What\'s the point in having an \'upgrade\' CD if you have to uninstall the program?
    I just popped the CD in and it automatically upgraded everything fine. Nothing lost, just 4 more ports and a Chorus and Tap Delay added and 160 voices of polyphony!

Go Back to forum