• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Fingered Bass Giga Import-added vibrato?

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee Fingered Bass Giga Import-added vibrato?

I\'m really jazzed to finally have a sampler that will do a Giga import without having to convert the original Giga sample into a bazillion separate wave files (just by turning DFD off)! It\'s terrific to have just a small .nki file referring to the original intact Gig file. This is how an import should work IMO.

One problem that I\'ve run into is that when I import the Scarbee Fingered Light library it adds a vibrato to the tone that is absolutely not present in the original sample. It\'s as if I\'ve got the mod wheel engaged, but I don\'t. BTW, the mod wheel does work like it\'s supposed to with this sample...like an articulation keyswitch.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Re: Scarbee Fingered Bass Giga Import-added vibrato?

[ QUOTE ]
    I\'m really jazzed to finally have a sampler that will do a Giga import without having to convert the original Giga sample into a bazillion separate wave files (just by turning DFD off)! It\'s terrific to have just a small .nki file referring to the original intact Gig file. This is how an import should work IMO.

One problem that I\'ve run into is that when I import the Scarbee Fingered Light library it adds a vibrato to the tone that is absolutely not present in the original sample. It\'s as if I\'ve got the mod wheel engaged, but I don\'t. BTW, the mod wheel does work like it\'s supposed to with this sample...like an articulation keyswitch.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check aftertouch. On original library you have aftertouch with vibrato. You can disable that in Kontakt if you like.

BTW. Scarbee J-Slap\'n Fingered is now available in native Kontakt version. See details at www.scarbee.com

Re: Scarbee Fingered Bass Giga Import-added vibrat

Thank you very much! Problem solved.

Go Back to forum