• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: can the personal orchestra use WDM drivers?

Share/Bookmark

can the personal orchestra use WDM drivers?

Hey everbody,
    I am interested in purchaseing the garritan personal orchestra package but my soundcard is the tascam us122. Is uses WDM drivers and i use Sonar 3. Will i have problems running the orchestra package? will I have to resort to using MME drivers and having huge latency problems? Thanks for the help.

Re: can the personal orchestra use WDM drivers?

I also use Sonar 3 with WDM drivers (Echoa Audio Layla 24) and have no problems

I use GPO with WDM drivers with an Echo Mia, and with a M-audio Delta 1010 on another computer. They both work great.

-- Martin

The US122 has ASIO drivers that you could use.
    Mark

Hi minofifa

I\'m using GPO with a Tascam US122. It works fine, I\'m very happy with both products. Your card has WDM, ASIO and GSIF drivers, and you don\'t need to do anything special to make them work. All of them are installed in your system when you run the drivers setup program.

Regards,

Anton

really? is has all those drivers?? oh do i feel sheepish....

Hmm well i just assumed i only had WDM because that is the only option available to me in sonar 3 (either WDM or MME). If my memory serves me, ASIO drivers are for stienberg products (like cubase and what not) so is that why the asio driver is not available to me in Sonar?

Thanks again for the help.

I\'m not sure about who can use ASIO drivers, but as far as I know, they are widely used by music software. I\'m surprised that Sonar can\'t use ASIO (I\'m a Cubase user), I think you may have something missconfigured in your setup. Have you recently checked for Tascam driver updates? I downloaded the last version last month, more or less, but I\'m not sure if they have been available for much more time.

yes i could certainly be wrong about sonar not using ASIO drivers, it may very well, i don\'t know. I just didn\'t see that option. \"m at work now so i\'ll look again when i get home. Is it worth me trying to solve this problem of trying to use ASIO anyways? I figured WDM and ASIO were pretty comparable in quality and speed. Is one actually better than the other, or does it more depend on the program using them?

You can usually get less latency with ASIO drivers. I don\'t know why. In theory, ASIO interface serves just to tell host programs your audio card input-output configuration. But again, I\'m not an expert on this subject.

Anyway, there are a lot of people in this forum using Sonar as a host sequencer for GPO. I\'m almost sure they are using ASIO drivers. Anybody can confirm this?

I have Sonar 3.1.1 and it supports ASIO as well.

Go Back to forum