• Register
  • Help

Topic: I don't want my MTV

Share/Bookmark

I don\'t want my MTV

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Has anyone else looked at MTV lately and wondered what the hell happened to it? They rarely play any music, and when they do it\'s pretty much limited to rap.

Most of the time it\'s just crappy reality programming.

Time to mosey on over to the Golf Channel....

Re: I don\'t want my MTV

[ QUOTE ]
    Yea, pop music is history. LONG LIVE THE GOLF CHANNEL!

BTW, while I\'m typing this, I\'m listening to one of the last live Hendrix concerts in Atlanta 7/4/70. It\'s not as bad as I remembered == Jimi could still play \"Flight of the Bumblebee\"!

LONG LIVE JIMI !

[/ QUOTE ]

I don\'t get why people watch MTV. Even if Pop is waning it still outsells rap...same with rock as a percentage of records sold, so why hype a genre that isn\'t selling as well as others? VH-1 is starting to air less music as well.

Man, could Jimi play...but could he golf?

I have to admit I occasionally flip on \"We Are the 80\'s\" on VH1 Classic for a bit of nostalgia. Of course once they start airing \"classic\" episodes of \"The Real World\" it\'ll all be over!

Martha Quinn, where have you gone? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

That\'s why Muse stands out so much.

WAIT!!!!!.....There\'s other people singing....on top....of what the singer is singing...but they\'re not singing the same notes......that\'s crazy!

Actually, I guess, technically, the 458 extra vocal tracks they put in R&B would be \"harmony\".

[ QUOTE ]
    That\'s why Muse stands out so much.

WAIT!!!!!.....There\'s other people singing....on top....of what the singer is singing...but they\'re not singing the same notes......that\'s crazy!

Actually, I guess, technically, the 458 extra vocal tracks they put in R&B would be \"harmony\".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don\'t know if it\'s true or not, but someone said that Christina Aguilera actually released a song recently where she didn\'t hit every single note in the audio spectrum...I think they said she missed one A# in the octave above middle C. Rumor is that she\'s despondant and that the R&B community is very angry with her.

[ QUOTE ]

I don\'t know if it\'s true or not, but someone said that Christina Aguilera actually released a song recently where she didn\'t hit every single note in the audio spectrum...I think they said she missed one A# in the octave above middle C. Rumor is that she\'s despondant and that the R&B community is very angry with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, yah I know. I mean the girl can sing, but her and the latest crop of divas over the past few years (that can sing) are the equivilent of Guitar heros in the mid/late 80\'s. Its all show and no heart most of the time.

Anyhow, er hink about the fact that MTV *IS* TELEVISION, and that it doesnt really mean music is the focus.

For me MTV has been dead for years and I dont watch anymore. Radio is as well, which is why I like the internet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] There\'s still people willing to recommend good stuff, and word of mouth is always the best for to be introducced to a band IMO. No expectations, jut listen, and nothing other than the music to focus on.

I say this all fully knowing that I\'d it all back up to be a rockstar if I ahd the chance...WOOHOO! Colored contacts here I come!!

\"Heart Shaped Box\"... what a great video...

Fuse is getting just as bad, used to have variety, now they do Good Charlette weekends, interlaced with JAY-Z\'s \"99 Problems\"...

Go Back to forum