• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: LEON LOLA

Share/Bookmark

LEON LOLA

Sheep!

Not that this track sounds like any real singers but this shows an exciting side of the vocaloid hybrid vocalists! They are here to stay and I like them.

Re: LEON LOLA

Really interesting.
    It\'s nice to hear someone trying to use them as another element in their pallette of sounds, rather than to emulate real voices.

Telletubbies selling pimple cream. I like it.

I heard some demos a while ago of LEON/LOLA and was AMAZED at how awul it sounded.

How would you use this program? Why would you buy it? If these demos are the best example of what pro-arrangers could come up with, leave that off my computer.

But, maybe in ten years?

I agree with Chadwick. Why limit yourself to what can already be achieved with ease?.

Incidentally, does anybody else remember the singing sheep advert created by the first fairlight?.

the fairlight came out?

What\'s a farelite?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    What\'s a farelite?

[/ QUOTE ]

When a child pays half-price to ride the bus...

And WHY would you use this? because all the vocalists in your area are limited in their vision, perception, style and chop...

Also because pp music is always looking for the unusual and bizarre, expect about a dozen hits with this technology (sorta like AutoTune, only we\'ve taken the poor and incompetent vocalist one step further - outside the syudio door!)

Dasher

Actually, I like this tune! Reminds me of when I first heard the Wavestation\'s shorter vox samples. Obviously, the thing with this kind of technology is to not try to make it sound like a vocalist, but rather make it sound like a whole new instrument! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sounds like something out of the 80\'s to me. Dum dum \"I love the 80\'s.\"

Yeah right, what\'s to love? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Count me in as one of those who really like this sort of cue. What I find perpetually boring are those Orf-esque choirs.

Go Back to forum