• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: First Original using ALOT of instruments

First Original using ALOT of instruments

This is only the first section of what I have written out on paper. It takes so damn long to record parts then mess around with the midi lol I dont see how people can do it so fast. Anyway this is the first section of a longer piece I adapted from my original piano version. I just recorded everything to one track and added reverb since its not the final version. Just curious to what people think about it. Instruments used so far are lush violins 1+2, Violas lush, Cellos lush, basses lush, solo clarinet, bass clarinet, one of the clarinet sections(1 if I remember correctly) oboe solo classical, oboe section, solo horn, horn section 1(again one of the sections), solo trombone 1, trombone section 1(again I think), solo tuba, Solo flute and a section, bassoon solo 1 and 2. ER Im getting lost. Anyway I am going to fill it with all needed as I go.

Re: First Original using ALOT of instruments

Well you ought to finish it! What I really like about this is :
    1) the use of melody and chord progression to generate the atmosphere, rather than technique and arrangement. Ie this is a piece of music first, rather than primarily a technical exercise in using an a sample library.
    2) the originality of the style
    3) the absence of cliches (although backing off to strings at around 1\'00\" **could*** be heard as a cliche candidate by some)

I enjoyed this very much. I liked chord progression of the piece and felt the coulor illustrated by the different instrument groupings were very effective. The first swell really got me going! Very Nice Composition Indeed!

I agree with you. I don\'t see how many can create in a flash what takes me weeks to produce. Just keeping up with the various tracks is nightmare! I\'m really lazy and don\'t want to load instruments on a need to use basis, so I\'ve set up an orchestra templet in Sonar that loads 43 tracks (give or take a few). I can\'t bring my self to delete unused tracks just in the case that I might need them, so I trip over all of them when creating a new piece. Is there a course in Track Management?

Thank you for sharing your piece with us.

Wilton, NH

Very nice begining. Please post more as you go along.

As far as time goes, if I improvise a piece in it goes pretty quick, but if I really write something.... I\'ve been working for almost 3 months on the piece I am currently doing and I\'m 5 minutes into it. After I finish (about 2 or 3 more minutes) I\'m sure it will still take me a couple of months to clean it up.

really really nice mate! Keep up the hard work. Man..GPO rocks..

Fantastic! The mood, harmonies and especially the movement and orchestration of the inner voices. Just beautiful.

I can\'t wait to hear the completed version.

Nice work, Nicole. I\'ll look forward to hearing the completed version.

-- Martin

WOW Nicole, I forgot what a BIG symphony sounds like, OK now you started something, I am not using enough strings. It sounds really cool! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Beautiful, almost Wagnerian! And you have a real gift with suspensions. Can\'t wait to hear the rest.

Nice Job Nicole. Very nice arrangement.

Go Back to forum