• Register
  • Help

Topic: RME Digi 9632 or Digi 96/8 PAD?

RME Digi 9632 or Digi 96/8 PAD?

I\'m looking for a good (relatively inexpensive card) to put into my three gigastudio machines. My only requirements are atleast 1 ADAT output, some sort of synchronzation, and the future updating to GSIF 2.0 drivers. My DAW is going to have an RME Hammerfall DSP9652 for starters, so now I could use some advice on whether I choose the Digi 9632 or the Digi 96/8 for the rest.

Is there any word on whether or not the Digi 9632 will be discontinued anytime soon? I only ask that because the Digi 9652 was replaced by the HDSP9652.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Re: RME Digi 9632 or Digi 96/8 PAD?

Personally I would rather get the HDSP 9652 as it indeed has made my setup shine with a better Dsp and sound quality. I had a Digi 96/8 PAD also, yet for Gigastudio I prefer the HDSP 9652.(Have two HDSP 9652\'s one for main and other for Gigaputer/EWQLSO SILVER) I have very low latency and am actually using my DAW connected also running other synths besides Gigastudio. I definately can say that the newer HDSP latency is astoundingly low and to me sounds wonderful. Plus I think that the HDSP9652 will be great once Giga 3 hits the surface since it will have more outs. Just my opinion. Get what you really want though. In the end I am happy with my purchase.

Re: RME Digi 9632 or Digi 96/8 PAD?

I just updated from an Audiophile to HDSP9632 with a breakout box AEB8-0. This gives me 4 stereo outs. Haven\'t finished putting it all together yet, but expect a big improvement from the Audiophile.

Go Back to forum