• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: David Maddux demos! - Seriously, check these out:

Share/Bookmark

David Maddux demos! - Seriously, check these out:

David Maddux just sent a couple of tunes done with GPO. David has been composing and orchestrating for over 30 years.

http://www.fallofautumn.com/dm-ShoppingWithLola.mp3

http://www.fallofautumn.com/dm-CrazyRhythm.mp3

You may have seen him as the piano soloist in the Jennifer Lopez motion picture, \"The Wedding Planner\".

The first is the Main Title from an indie film entitled \"Shopping With Lola\". Everything is GPO except for the synth, sound effects, bass & drums. It was sequenced in Sonar 3.
    (Downtown by Tony Hatch used by permission).

The second song is \"Crazy Rhythm\" is also in the film and uses GPO exclusively.

Enjoy!

Re: David Maddux demos! - Seriously, check these out:

Doesn\'t this just show what GPO can do in the hands of a master? When I first started listening to Crazy Rhythm, I thought maybe somehow I had not installed the whole of GPO - where are all those sounds coming from? But no I think skilful use of Harp with sustain pedal down (to get rid of sustain) and mute trumpets - I have to confess its all there I\'d just never thought of using them in this way.

Thanks Alan for putting these up. Now where are those MIDI files then?!

Very nice. The production quality is so far beyond my limited talent, never mind the nice arrangement and orchestration.

Re: David Maddux demos! - Seriously, check these o

Very good!

Wow,

I really LOVE \"Crazy Rhythm\". I especially like the muted trumpets! All this music makes me want to meet Lola, she must be kind of a cool person [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Pierre

And again, my moral is on the floor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Bravo, maestro!!

I have to tell you this.

My wife is a tap dancer. When I played Crazy Rhythm for her last night, she said, “Maybe if you’d write tunes like that for me, I wouldn’t be so jealous of the time you spend at that stupid computer.” Oh well, guess what my next GPO piece will be like after I finish the Vivaldi Guitar concerto this weekend. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot for pointing me in that direction Alan. Nice to get something upbeat for a change too. Just so sparkling. I agree with the others though, very demoralising but at the same time inspiring because it makes you realise that the limitations are all yours!!

Hey, hang on.....this isn\'t some psychological ploy to make us give up entering the contest because we can see that we have no chance. is it?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Frank

Frank (and everyone else)

I\'m really glad you guys are enjoying the demos. I was floored when I heard them and it pushes me to do better with my own comps and mock-ups.

Happy listening!

Alan,

Those demos were awesome and extremely inspiring. 30 Years of orchestrating - Yea - it shows. You couldn\'t perhaps talk him into sharing any more of his demos, could you.

Dave

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast