• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ménades Danzantes

Ménades Danzantes

This is a little piano piece a friend of mine composed as an exercise to use greek modes. I found it very cute and asked his permission to orchestrate it.

This is the rendering i\'ve made with GPO

Re: Ménades Danzantes

That was a lot of fun. Too short, however. The opening caught me completely offguard, causing a great deal of laughter from my wife as I dove for the volume controls. She will get hers, believe me.

Dennis Burton

Orcas Island

guybrush threepwood

I really enjoyed listening to this. What a fun exercise.

Greek modes bring back memories of music theory during college. I wish there was something like GPO back then as it would have made these modal exercises a bit more interesting and fun.

I appreciate your posting this. Thank your friend for me for permission to post this.

Gary Garritan

PS: A couple of interesting Greek mode links:

UK- teeming with life....

Yes Guybrush, that\'s a charming light hearted little piece until it gets to the part which isn\'t.....just retrieves itself in time!

thx for the kind comments
    I\'m re-rendering pieces i did when i was studying, i wish i could have had GPO back then.

I think GPO is a very powerful tool for learning: it has a notator, sequencer and the library+sampler. The people who studied with me could have aproached the computer and learnt the basics of sampling with a tool like this.
    I wrote an article about this in the spanish education magazine I collaborate with, you can find it here in spanish

http://www.aunalia.es/clienteweb/contenido.asp?id_seccion1=51&id_seccion2=100&a mp;id_seccion3=262&id_seccion4=&id_documen to=2431

if someone is interested i can translate it into english

Go Back to forum