• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi tempo controller number

Share/Bookmark

Midi tempo controller number

What is the \'Midi Tempo Controller Number\'? I have midi controllers all over my computer, and if it exists, I can\'t find it.

Dennis Burton

Re: Midi tempo controller number

There is no controller number for Tempo,as far as I know. If I\'m not wrong, tempo is sent in a special type of MIDI message.

Anton

Darn! And I had such big plans.

Dennis Burton

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheheh... yup, that\'s right. No controller number for tempo (although the programming of tempo is identical in every way that I can think of to any other actual controller).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There may be no midi tempo controller number, but wait, there is hope!

In case you don\'t already know about this, most sequencers have a tempo track of some sort or other where you can program your tempo track. Wouldn\'t that meed your need?

Trond

[ QUOTE ]
    There may be no midi tempo controller number, but wait, there is hope!

In case you don\'t already know about this, most sequencers have a tempo track of some sort or other where you can program your tempo track. Wouldn\'t that meed your need?

Trond

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that will do the job for me, but, as I am a truely lazy man, I was hoping for some technique of controling the tempo with a slider control or, ideally, with my Pitch-bend wheel.

I got the idea from one of this site\'s threads where I read from one composer that he actually changed the tempo on each note to acheive a better realism. It sounded like a good idea, but it also sounded like a lot of work. My thought was that if I could limit a tempo change to one or two beats a minute and control it with the pitch-bend wheel, I would be able to do the same thing and still have time to sip the local rosé wines.

These wines deserve the effort.

Dennis Burton

Go Back to forum